Balsam Lake

• todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Anyone fished Balsam during the opener? I am going to give it a shot this year and want to chase down some Bass. Any suggestions? I was looking at a map and was planning on going into some of bays to look for some shallow warm water fish.What type of weeds are around during opener? Looks like a couple of good channels running into some of the bays I am going to toss a jig around those areas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

honest_john
    Twin Cities, Minn.

For bass, you might try pitching your jigs shallow on the south side of Rock Island in East Balsam. I’d also try the SE and NE corners of East Balsam. I’d be sure to try the point that is NE from Sunnyside Marina and also try in Stump Bay. Finally, the North side of the main lake could be productive for the opener. Good Luck!

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Thanks for the tips John. We will be sure to try those spots.
    Good luck to everyone on opener.
    Todd

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Our club has had a tournament out there on opener the last 2 years. The winning weights both times were pre-spawn fish caught on Bomber Fat A’s worked in 10-14′ where there was green coontail in front of spawning bays. Slow retrieves worked best for us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.