Balsam Lake Area

• baldwin4
    NE IA

Only a few more days left before the family and I head up tp Balsam Lake for the week. Will post info and hopefully some pics when we return. Has anyone have any info on water temps, what is biting and what is working to catch them?

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I’ve done well in the past in Stump Bay using topwater poppers in the morning, actually throughout the day. I would figure either a slow retrieve on a worm, or possibly swimming a jig would pay some results too. It’s a nice clean lake, and I assume this weekend will be busy. There are a couple of nice public launches, and it’s not too far from some other good lakes. Bone Lake, in Luck, or Deer Lake in St Croix Falls. Of course all of this is for bass. I don’t really fish for much else.

red89
    Hudson

I was out on Balsam around this time last year and I did well fishing bass on the east part of the lake. Most of our fish were caught throwing small spinners on the shallow weed edge. I like the weed edge on the northwest part of the east side of the lake for this, and that is where we caught most of our fish. Also, on the north end of that side of the lake there is some pretty good panfish usually. I would also try stump bay, and talk to Gen at Gens bait shop in Amery if you go that way, she usually has some good reports. Hope this helps you out.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Thanx for the reports. Will be up there around 5:00am saturday morning. Plan on going to Bone for some muskie fishing. Does that little lake just west of Balsam still have some good crappies? Balsam always has had some good bass fishing. Gonna try for some walleyes also in Balsam. If you see us on the lake, stop by and say hi. We have a Dark Blue Alumacraft Dominator with Iowa stickers

Kraig

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.