Balsam Lake

• baldwin4
    NE IA

Going to be up in that area Memorial Day weekend. How is the fishing that time of year? Have never been up there that early in the year, always around July and after. Matter of fact, I haven’t been in that area for 10 years.

Any info would be appreciated on how the fishing is end of May.

Kraig

baldwin4
    NE IA

Does anybody have any good spots to try out while my family is there May 28 – June 4? We are renting a house along the lake for the week.

Thanx
    Kraig

ozzyky
    On water

You should be able to catch alot of panfish/bass along the shoreline this time of year. For the panfish look for sandy shorlines and for the bass look for sand and structure. Leeches and crawlers should work great!

Kyle

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I’ve done pretty well in Stump Bay using topwater in the morning, there are some points where you can find some fish. It’s a decent bass lake. Good luck. If I get up there before Memorial Day, I’ll update.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Thanx for the info. I remember Stump Bay. Like I said, it has been a few years since I have been up there. My 15 year old son was up there last summer with his grandfather and had a hayday fishing So we decided to take a vacation and give it a try.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.