Bait store

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Wow that is a Tough outing. I’ve had a few less than great outings in Rental house’s on Mille Lacs, but nothing as bad as 3 days fishing without a bite. It seems to me that some of the places that are doing rental house’s these days are not working as hard as they use to to keep the house’s on active fish. I’m sure that the odd weather this ice season has made it difficult for sure.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Getting away from the crowds and noise is key. I believe that’s where a lot of these resorts are failing. They drop houses in a line right next to each other, right on the road…. Take the time, spread them out with their own driveways and get on them on fish.

BINGO!! I was on Doe Reef 2 weekends ago for 54hrs straight. We caught 4 walleyes & a 5″ perch.. I went up last Wednesday & had them move the house to a spot with no one around for minimum of a quarter mile. This last weekend was much more productive. I believe we ended up with 15 fish top side. Biggest being 25″. We really struggled keeping them hooked. I lost a bunch right under the ice & another dozen missed on hook sets. They are biting light, no doubt. But they are there!

Norsky

We fished some of the mud flats on the northwest side, had a tough time, saw fish on the graph but not willing to bite. Some pretty suspicious cracks out there and slushy areas all over, need some really cold weather to firm things up good.

lunker33
    excelsior

“Camera and graph.
    Only activity was a small group of 5 inch perch the entire time.

Not a single fish Wednesday-Friday. No marks.”

personally, i have a hard time sitting around on Mille Lacs for over and hour without a mark… 3 days? Ouch flame

Bachelorpads

trailside…..
    i have been coming to mille lacs for a few years and i get an OBSCENE amount of bait while i am there. I called nearly every bait store on the south side of the lake and was met with rudeness or people acting like i was insane. Trailside called a bait dealer….got my bait for me in advance and kept it reserved over a 3 day period so i could pick up fresh bait every morning. I had people from 3 other bait stores litterally laugh at me when i asked them to do the same. Trailside wins regardless of the rates for simply caring.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

5” suckers are the way to go up there. Shiners are too pricey and the rate of loss is too high. I do think they work a tiny bit better than any other minnow if the fish has a choice between a shiner and a sucker, for example.

I usually get bait in St Cloud, Royalton, or Pierz before coming up. Prince’s bait is great too.

I honestly miss Lundeen’s, although the guy was a tool. His reports on the website weren’t bad and the bait was good quality and generous.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.