Bait cooler pumps

• Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Anybody with firsthand experience with Engel’s new pump? I have a 19 quart with their old pump and I don’t use it very often unless I can plug it in. Eats D batteries way to fast and is loud. Their new rechargeable lithium version sounds appealing. Also have a smaller Frabill that actually is pretty nice and quiet. But, it uses up batteries plenty as well.

Engel Rechargeable Lithium

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I use rechargeable D batteries in all my aerator pumps, I got sick of buying D batteries. It definitely sounds like a good aerator! I heard they’re really quiet compared to anything else.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ve been using Marine Metal Airhead Floating Livewell Aerator for an easy 10 years. I also use a live well timer which can be set to continuous, or to run for 30 seconds any interval between continuous and 5 minutes.

If you want to buy 50 scoops of fatheads and put them in a 24 can Cooler and keep them alive for days on end… this your guy. True story.

It is my choice for when I have $100 of sucker minnows in the boat or 15# of sheepshead for flathead bait.

I.e. from the minnow bucket to the largest of livewells. One solution.

I hook to boat battery or to an ice fishing battery if in transit.

I don’t even understand why anybody would do it different. 2c

BTW, if your handy you can make your own.

queenswake
    NULL

I need to check which one I am using now because I haven’t replaced the batteries since last summer and the thing sat in my garage all winter. I can’t believe it. And not only do the batteries last but it also hasn’t quit on me either like so many others I’ve tried. And it’s quiet. I think it’s a Frabil but will check.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.