Bad news for all wisconsin sportsman!!

• hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

There used to be a time when all men who shared outdoor pursuits could talk, laugh and drink together with a common bond. We shared stories about our time in the service and shared pictures of our kids. We were Americans living in the wonders of the mid west. We cared about principles, intellectual honesty and kept our minds open to other opinions with respect. I hope we can come back to that civility someday.

Until then, I hereby curse the Packers to never win another Superbowl for 50 years. Hah!

says scot walker devil

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

“Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out”

We have experienced the lack of open debate on very important issues over last 4 years. Excuse us if we don’t expect any kind of open, civil debate over this issue either.

verry deep and insightfull. Covers a lot of ground.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bronzbak wrote:</div>
    A funny aspect to the discussion is people interjecting whom don’t even live in Wisconsin! As I don’t interject on conservational or political problems other states have! I do participate in the outdoors purchasing generally 7-8 different state fishing licenses. Yet I leave the regulation and battles in tge residents hands as should be!

The get off my lawn fallacy.

Fallacy, he’s your next prez or so he thinks already. Just wait until he promises roses and blindsides everyone after winning the election by a fallen chad. The whole nation will become as divided as WI and it’ll take years to realize again an effective government requires compromise. I find it embarrassing that we’re suppose to be a role model for democracy world wide. We could likely fill congressional hall with 1st and 2nd graders, present and issue and have a common solution faster than our paid leaders. Oh right, that won’t work, at least not students from public schools. We’ll have to send the ones from voucher schools he thinks everyone can afford to transport their kids to.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

I forget the last time Obama asked the American public their opinion or to provide feedback on health care or how to handle the middle east. Did I miss that community meeting? Fact is, the only input we usually get as per policy is who we vote for. There are town hall meetings with candidates and you voice your thoughts there. But once the candidate is elected, you have no constitutional right to still run the political process by committee. It is naive and thick-headed to think otherwise. Like it or not, you all voted him in twice. There is a movement in WI towards fiscal conservatism and you have spending that has been out of control for years in the DNR. You call it “tearing Wisconsin apart”, but I call it “breaking a few eggs to make an omelette”. You will still get your community input fellas, it’s just a proposal to take away policy making decisions from the DNR because they can’t manage their budgets they way we have to at our homes.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Fallacy, he’s your next prez or so he thinks already…
    blahe,blah,blah
    …We’ll have to send the ones from voucher schools he thinks everyone can afford to transport their kids to.

Hmm, I’m torn between Red Herring and Slippery Slope.

One thing I know for sure, when a guy riles up people enough for them to go on a diatribe, he must be doing something right! I know who I want to come out of the primaries to take on Cankles Benghazi!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I hear you Gary. I admire what they do. But Wisconsin is facing more debt than they can handle and everyone has to do their part to trim up. If you read the last link I posted, you will find that most of the 66 jobs being cut are not even filled yet.

And why is Wisconsin facing more debt than we can handle?
    Because our elected officials decided that paying off debt wasn’t as important as giving money back to its people last year. All so they could say they reduced taxes. (and get re-elected in the upcoming elections)
    Is that what we call being fiscally responsible these days?

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

I hear that Joel. I agree that there is a foul gamesmanship in politics in general. The over taxation should have gone to debt but then never would have exposed the pain or real problem. It probably would have fed it.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Bad news for all wisconsin sportsman!!’ is closed to new replies.