Bad news for all wisconsin sportsman!!

• Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

There was never anything said about busting unions in his initial election either with no rationale provided in the budget.

castle-rock-clown

For Walker to be successful in his presidential bid he needs to have as much authoritarian control as possible. By streamlining and giving departmental control to those very close to him it gives him quicker one stop management control while still giving him an department head to point a finger at if damage control is necessary. It’s called having a layer of insulation between him and the actual outcomes of his policy. These department heads are willing to fall on their own sword to protect the king. But also dissolve into the shadows and allow the light to shine on him when it is to his advantage. He’s doing the same thing I would do if I was running for president.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

By taking a wait and see attitude you allow the cut to complete! Once a change happens we all know how hard it is to re-implement the past policy or practice! It might not be the best way to properly run this entity. However, having a person totally controlling DNR functions with no education or interest in it is bad medicine! Kind of like the drunk sailor running the ship.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Is it really that “dark” Clown? Could it be that Walker is trying to simply cut waste? Or trying to protect the rights of citizens in some way by removing some power from the DNR? I don’t know but I will be watching this with keen interest. I fail to see how this move in Wisconsin has anything to do with his possible presidential campaign. I DO see Walker hell bent on cutting spending and waste wherever he can find it. Besides, he is your Governor. Twice!

Hey, how about them Packers…what’s new on that front? lol

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Again, calling it a Power Grab without full understanding is a little disingenuous. No?

No. There’s really no other way to understand the shift from a 7 member panel that is statutorily required to provide representation from across geographic and stakeholder interests into the hands of a single person.

castle-rock-clown

I wouldn’t say dark, if he is truly serious about a run for president in this day in age he needs as much control over everything that can or could have his fingerprints on it. That is the reality of politics in this era.

As for the packers they fired the special teams coach. McCarthey will probably start calling those plays also.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hey, how about them Packers…what’s new on that front? lol

Just the usual, I heard there was another drug arrest.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

This move wouldn’t have anything to do with mining interest would it? Strip the power of the foe in your way goes a long way.
    Though I think hes doing a solid as for the land stewardship program gone amuck. Many elite have aquired there own private oasis under the guise of preservation.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Seems to me the Pack is in need of a new inside linebacker and tight end if they want to take it all the way next year.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

At least Walker backed off from changing the UW mission statement to ” to meet the state’s work force needs” I guess taking $300,000,000 from those that teach the work force those words don’t mean much and counterintuitive to his agenda or to the hand that pulls his strings

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Seems to me the Pack is in need of a new inside linebacker and tight end if they want to take it all the way next year.

I agree with the need for another inside linebacker but believe they will need another good corner back more than another tight end.
    Another top priority would be to resign Bulaga.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

JD, so could I of private companies. What is your point?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

JD, seems there are a lot of strawmen fishing for red herrings in the thread.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

JD, so could I of private companies. What is your point?

Not sure what you are asking here? Could you clarify?

And mplspug, I hear ya. I just wanted encourage all of us to wait for a bit and see if Walker would explain. I know if in MN someone here was messin’ with the DNR, I’d be curious but hopeful that it would take a good organization and make it better…even if it meant a few heads would roll or some reorganization that made it more efficient would have to happen.

Imagine the worst, someone expands the power of the DNR to the point that private lands were taken from owners (against their will) to create wildlife sanctuaries that could never be used by sportsmen. Then consider this same DNR was really more interested in taking that land NOT for a sanctuary, but to block a mining operation or proposed commercial operation of another kind. Could the DNR really abuse their power by doing the dirty work of other eco/environmental fringe groups? Hmmmm…I don’t know. But I worry.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

The reality is that without the Conservation Congress, or rather an impotent Conservation Congress, wonderful things such a the permanent slot limit for walleyes on the Wisconsin River likely wouldn’t happen. The absurd trolling ban wouldn’t have been lifted or “relaxed” depending on the water body etc… etc…

Additionally, groups that do more than any other to protect water quality in Wisconsin such as the The River Alliance, Wisconsin Lakes, Gathering Waters etc… WILL lose their funding.

You seem to attempt to dominate the discussion with post counts, but I’m not buying your argument to just wait and see, let him explain, it will all be OK.

I BELIEVE, that it’s little more than whacking programs in an attempt to make the numbers look good for HIM and damn the consequences. MY JOB isn’t at stake, but I know people that work their asses off to make things better for all of us regarding water quality, habitat restoration, and the betterment of outdoor water recreation for all, THAT LIKELY WILL lose their jobs. Without them working behind the scenes, I fear what may happen.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Or how about hmmm, taking over a orginaztion that implements enviornmental regulation! Let’s say then telling large billion dollar corporations were open for business with lax enviornmental regulation. Aye boys don’t worry anymore, did I mention I might be running for president! Big fyi, might just have this 6 million dollar a plate fundraiser coming up? Er, that’s not a possibility! I mean we all know that never happens? Noooo, he’s just doing it to streamline functionality. Oh yeah btw we won’t be needing game hearing any longer! Scott will decide what’s best?

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

You seem to attempt to dominate the discussion with post counts, but I’m not buying your argument to just wait and see, let him explain, it will all be OK.

Gary, slow your roll big fella. I am posting because I care about the issue and am a bit of a chatty Cathy. Secondly, I made it clear I have not picked a side yet. I just want to see the why before I form an opinion. Is that OK with you? Can I be well informed before I send in the Marines?

As for losing jobs; it’s sad but it happens every day in every way. Why should government workers be guaranteed not to ever lose their job? The rest of us do! That fear also keeps me taking classes and upgrading my skills so that if I did lose my job, I’d be qualified for another in a shorter time than otherwise.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gary Sanders wrote:</div>

Gary, slow your roll big fella. I am posting because I care about the issue and am a bit of a chatty Cathy. Secondly, I made it clear I have not picked a side yet. I just want to see the why before I form an opinion. Is that OK with you? Can I be well informed before I send in the Marines?

As for losing jobs; it’s sad but it happens every day in every way. Why should government workers be guaranteed not to ever lose their job? The rest of us do! That fear also keeps me taking classes and upgrading my skills so that if I did lose my job, I’d be qualified for another in a shorter time than otherwise.

Again you’ve failed to comprehend the big picture. It’s not about “individuals losing their jobs” It’s about the jobs these individuals do!
    Go to the following websites and see what work these people do. GONE with the stroke of a pen.
    http://www.wisconsinlakes.org/
    http://www.wisconsinrivers.org/
    http://www.gatheringwaters.org/

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

I hear you Gary. I admire what they do. But Wisconsin is facing more debt than they can handle and everyone has to do their part to trim up. If you read the last link I posted, you will find that most of the 66 jobs being cut are not even filled yet.

I don’t have all the answers, but I doubt that all the water in Wisconsin will turn toxic with some cutbacks. Again, I am just suggesting we all let the legislature debate the bill in the next 4 months and THEN see what the impact will be. If it is dirty water, then I agree we can all petition and protest. Until then, can’t we all just take a deep breath and study the situation?

Or we can keep spending like drunken sailors and end up like Detroit.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

A funny aspect to the discussion is people interjecting whom don’t even live in Wisconsin! As I don’t interject on conservational or political problems other states have! I do participate in the outdoors purchasing generally 7-8 different state fishing licenses. Yet I leave the regulation and battles in tge residents hands as should be!

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

I think he’s entitled to an opinion, but I don’t believe that he understands what the ramifications are. Water conservation is a marathon spanning decades. And I’m not talking about just letting big fish go to spawn more fish. A year or two without the primary conservation groups in place can undo many years of effort and has a ripple effect. These groups are changing the way we as a society treat our watersheds. That benefits everyone. These groups I’ve highlighted are in many ways responsible for the success of dozens of other smaller “local” organizations, that all have the same goal. They help them to get organized and provide leadership and direction until they can take the reins themselves. This really is devastating.
    We’re all downstream from somewhere.

castle-rock-clown

Here will be the political headline ” I have reformed the state of WI dnr making it more efficient at a lower cost, and I will do the same with the EPA.” Vote for me.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

A funny aspect to the discussion is people interjecting whom don’t even live in Wisconsin! As I don’t interject on conservational or political problems other states have! I do participate in the outdoors purchasing generally 7-8 different state fishing licenses. Yet I leave the regulation and battles in tge residents hands as should be!

The get off my lawn fallacy.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Hate to tell you this bronzbak, but I am buying property soon from a family member that owns some land in Wisconsin so I feel I have a vested interest in the issue. I plan to retire in Wisconsin as well. So can I have my say or are you telling me I’m not allowed to care about the issue?

So I get it, we cannot have a discussion on the issues as there are too many party line haters that don’t look at principle, just parties. I get it, I really do but I expected more from some in this thread. My bad.

As soon as ANYONE can articulate precisely the impact of this proposal, let me know. Until then, blessings and peace.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

As I stated previously party line aside I could care less! Walker is openly trying to control every state function without care of input from its customers. Those being license buyers and outdoor recreates. By dismantling and removing there input he is proving nothing more than a power grab. As far as I’m concerned out of state residents have no right telling us to wait and see. I pay property tax on a house, 2 rentals, a hunting property and cabin. Buy licenses for all outdoors sports and feel I should not need listen to somebody with no irons in my fire advising me to wait and see how it works out. Quite frankly I make a very good living but not nearly enough to consider myself a walker supporter. And I certainly would not interject and advise residents in another state paying tens of thousands in taxes how to approach there states political or resource issues unless I was vested to do such!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

There used to be a time when all men who shared outdoor pursuits could talk, laugh and drink together with a common bond. We shared stories about our time in the service and shared pictures of our kids. We were Americans living in the wonders of the mid west. We cared about principles, intellectual honesty and kept our minds open to other opinions with respect. I hope we can come back to that civility someday.

Until then, I hereby curse the Packers to never win another Superbowl for 50 years. Hah!

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

“Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out”

We have experienced the lack of open debate on very important issues over last 4 years. Excuse us if we don’t expect any kind of open, civil debate over this issue either.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Bad news for all wisconsin sportsman!!’ is closed to new replies.