Bad Deal – Ottertail

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Very sad

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That’s several in the last week. My guess is that the heavy wet snow earlier in the season has caused some real varied ice thickness conditions on lots of lakes. I was out on the Horseshoe chain over the weekend and we found ice thickness anywhere from 11″-15″. In some places these difference were not to far apart. In a normal year with some of the cold snaps we’ve had there would be lots of safe ice by this point.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Sad deal. A good reminder for all of us to never trust the ice. I’ve been fishing 2 lakes the past week near home in western Wright Co. Lake 1 had 12″ out from the landing and 8″ where I ended up fishing. Lake 2 had 14″ 100yds from the landing and 9″ where I fished. Heard a pickup went through Washington last week, but they escaped.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

A good reminder to be more careful with sleds and ATV’s when it comes to speed and you dont know the terrain. Especially at night but my worst sledding accident on a lake was in brood daylight.

deertracker

It was river outlet/inlet related.
    DT

Red Eye

I work with a lady that knows the man that died. He had a house on Ottertail very close to the river inlet. All the emergency vehicles were on the road right in front of the inlet. There’s talk that they drove into open water.

slough

Never have driven over that inlet in the winter but I know even in late summer there seems to be a lot of current there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.