Bad Boy Buggy Question

• trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

Can the battery powered Bad Boy Buggy be used in the winter?

Thank you,
    Mike

404 ERROR
    MN

Yes. I have a friend who’s an engineer for them and happens to own one. He said he has had zero issues. Be advised that Bad Boy Buggies is now Textron Offroad and AC SXS’s and ATV’s will also be joining them under that name.

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

The extreme cold doesn’t affect the batteries?

404 ERROR
    MN

Extreme cold will affect any battery, but general winter use is no problem…How does your pickup start in extreme cold? Expect that…Keep in mind they are 72V systems.

In my understanding, regenerative braking is not possible when in extreme cold, and there is a slight power loss. The batteries have a heater I believe, so once they heat up, your regenerative braking and power should come back no problem.

CaptainMusky

Since they would likely not get used every day, I would have them plugged in to maintain a good charge in the winter, but otherwise they should be fine.

Spencer Haugen

Why not just buy a regular side by side cost is roughly the same. Or is there something special about these?

sktrwx2200

Because when your driving through the woods you are like a ghost, its pretty crazy. And there also are no exhaust to alert deer.
    We used ours to get my grandpa right to the bottom of the deer stand really early in the mornings. He would have good hunting because he didn’t blow every deer out of the woods on the way in. We will just creep in with the lights off using the moon light, or the old trails.
    We have the hybrid, so you can switch between electric and gas.. and when your at speeds with the gas it charges your electric. So you never have to worry about running out of juice. Or if you get into a really steep/rough area you can switch it over for more power.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.