Back Splash guards

• Umy
    South Metro

General query, new to this arena but after this week up North decided that splash guards would be LOVELY to have on my 2019 Lund Impact.
    What advice can you give me as to what I should look for?
    Can you remove them easily when I’m down here fishing where I don’t encounter the big waves or is that not even a consideration?
    Pretty green on this topic so any advice would be greatly appreciated – got soaked last week on Rainy and would like to lessen that if possible as the water and temps get cooler.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just call Wave Wackers and they will get your year, make, model and ship a pair right out to you. They are the cats meow for rough water.

(952) 938.3296 – Shop
    (612) 825-2323 – Office
    [email protected]

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Can you remove them easily when I’m down here fishing where I don’t encounter the big waves or is that not even a consideration?

The mounting brackets stay on the hull and the plexiglass panels are removed by taking out 6 hand knob machine screws from each panel. Very easy quick and simple process.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Why not leave them on?? What’s it gonna hurt???

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sometimes the cover doesn’t fit when you add WW.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Well, it would make it a lot harder to get back into the boat using the emergency steps on the transom, with the wave Wacker in place.
    Plus Wave Wacker instructions recommend removing them before travel down the road.

huntinforfish

Call Mike @ Wave Wackers, he’ll get you all set up. Great product, made right here in Hopkins, MN.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I simply asked. My WW’s have been on since I bought the boat. There not easily removable either. I also don’t have steps on the transom. Boat is a Lund 1600 stinger

I also had a cover custom made.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My folks have had them on their Warrior tiller since they owned the boat. No reason to take them off. You can get a custom cover that goes right over them.

B-man

My folks have had them on their Warrior tiller since they owned the boat. No reason to take them off. You can get a custom cover that goes right over them.

That’s how my Warrior was setup, never felt the need to take them on/off

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have to put mine on before I can take them off. Dutch boy gave them to me a year ago, I really need to get on that

grizzly
    nebraska

Are the wave wackers better than the white caps?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Are the wave wackers better than the white caps?

I like the Whitecaps better myself. The guy made mine for me on the spot in his garage about 12 years ago. He was a really nice fella. They have been on boat since. If I ever buy a small boat again I would definatly buy another set.

Charles

So dumb question, what does everybody do for a boarding ladder? I have a set on my fishhawk and its a pain in the butt to get back in if you have to.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

So dumb question, what does everybody do for a boarding ladder? I have a set on my fishhawk and its a pain in the butt to get back in if you have to.

I take one off when if we’re swimming or skiing. We have one of those white ladders that we hang on the transom.

I love them, the boat would feel naked without them now!

Umy
    South Metro

Thanks for the input everyone. Already looked up the options listed and getting started on getting it done. Hope to be in canada again in a couple weeks with some addtl protection.

Appreciate it! toast

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.