Automatic Clay Thrower Recommendations??

• B-man

The boys and I had a lot of fun last fall shooting at clays. They did WAY better than I ever could have imagined at 7 years old, and they want to do it more. The manual hand thrower has limitations, especially when supervising a kid with a gun.

My skills need some improvements too, I’m not as good as I once was lol

I’d like to get an automatic trap thrower that has a remote so we could practice crossing shots and incoming shots instead of just going away.

I see there’s a lot to choose from, but would like some real world input.

I’m looking for something that is somewhat light/compact, so it would be easy to carry or toss on the wheeler rack.

I like the size and price of the Do-All Firefly, but it doesn’t have a wireless remote to get farther away from the thrower.

Midway has the Champion Workhorse on sale right now for $200, and can add a remote for another $60 or so. Anyone ever use that one?

Dragginbottom

The boys and I had a lot of fun last fall shooting at clays. They did WAY better than I ever could have imagined at 7 years old, and they want to do it more. The manual hand thrower has limitations, especially when supervising a kid with a gun.

I’d like to get an automatic trap thrower that has a remote so we could practice crossing shots and incoming shots instead of just going away.

I’m looking for something that is somewhat light/compact, so it would be easy to carry or toss on the wheeler rack.

I like the size and price of the Do-All Firefly, but it doesn’t have a wireless remote to get farther away from the thrower.

Midway has the Champion Workhorse on sale right now for $200, and can add a remote for another $60 or so. Anyone ever use that one?

Dragginbottom

I use the the easy bird I’ve had it for 10-15 years just don’t use oil where the slide mechanism is collects clay dust and makes it jam. I put the wobble kit and oscillating kit on mine it’s been pretty reliable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.