• Bob Bowman
    MN

It was a fun ride out on the lake this weekend

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Love the pics from the weekend Bob. I got mine out and pulled kids on the sled. It’s amazing what these machines will go through.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

It’s amazing what these machines will go through.

It sure is

I have a new found respect for my wheeler after this weekend. Grip it and rip it

I had a lot of fun riding this past weekend, I got soaked but it was a blast

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

What model wheeler is that Bob?

-J.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

-J.

Its a Grizzly 660

corey_waller
    hastings mn

I got a Griz 660 too. you should get a set of chains for that beast and then try it on the ice!!! that is the definition of unstoppable

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

I got a Griz 660 too. you should get a set of chains for that beast and then try it on the ice!!! that is the definition of unstoppable

I do need to get some chains

kooty
    Keymaster

Run over to Fleet, be sure you have your tire size. I got my chains and tighteners for $45.00 last year. Let the air out of the tires before you install. Snug them up and air the tires back up.

herb
    6ft under

Do you guys run chains on just the back wheels or all four?
    My yamaha is full time 4×4.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Run over to Fleet, be sure you have your tire size. I got my chains and tighteners for $45.00 last year. Let the air out of the tires before you install. Snug them up and air the tires back up.

Super tip on letting some air out! Just be sure to use factory authorized Japanese air when refilling. Should be available from your dealers parts department.

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Do you guys run chains on just the back wheels or all four?
    My yamaha is full time 4×4.

I’ve only got them on the back, but am thinking of getting a set for up front also. I am going to check with the local dealer before doing that to be sure I won’t do any damage.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

I got them on both. Kooty you dont want to run the front in dif-lock with chains on as it can be hard on the axles. the only time I go dif-lock in the front is when Im stuck and going to go straight to get unstuck. I personally have never had a problem but I got a buddy who snapped an axle the mechanic said it was because he was chained up, in dif-lock, on ice. 99.999999999% of the time im just in 4×4 mode.

kooty
    Keymaster

Thanks Corey! That is what my uneducated, non-mechanic gut feeling was.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

Quote:

Quote:

-J.

Its a Grizzly 660

What kind of tires are you running?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just ordered a set for the front of my wheeler…. had them on the back the last few years… now with the rain and such on the pond, I am thinking chains all around is the ticket

the_grump
    Le Center

When putting chains on the front make sure you have them on very tight and check the clearance between the chains and the tie rods often. The grizzly should be ok with a little care but some machines especially those with oversize tires have very little clearance.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Nice wheeler we used to have a couple 660’s. Got the 700 now and they have all been great. Chains are a good idea and will help alot but since my bro-in-law works at a dealership he talked me into the tracks. Have yet to find snow deep enough to get stuck, also climbing over any snow bank is fun

Bob Bowman
    MN

That is a SWEET looking ice machine

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.