What kind of plow?

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Looking at getting a ATV with a plow. I am looking for suggestions as to what kind of plows I should consider. What style seems to work best for you guys. Is it that much better to have it hooked up to a winch versus the manual lift? I don’t have a huge drive way by any means, but would like to be able to do it faster along with the neighbors.

Thanks,

FDR

chippee
    sw wi

a good winch is worth every dollar

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

a plow with a winch is the best because of being able to lift the plow higher. This makes for less drag so you won’t get stuck!

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

I have a 60″ county plow on mine and would not go with anything else. I have a manual lift on mine and like it, but a winch would be nicer.

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Moose plows, American Eagle (same as Tusk from Rocky Mountain ATV) and Cycle Country are all good plows. A winch is one of the best accesories for an atv and is an awesome plowing tool. You can get a good price on a winch from a MN company called Moto Alliance. Or look up Viper winches.

dentmeister1

I have a 2006 Arctic Cat 500 4×4 ATV with a 50 inch plow and a wench. It is an absolute joke compared with the 38 inch snow blower that attached to my 1999 John Deere lawn tractor which I sold. You’d be miles ahead with a snow blower.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Moose Plow

shefland
    Walker

I have a 6 foot cycle country plow on a ranger polaris, great it is! but! if you have the time a snowblower is way better, no piles! even melting in the spring! If you have lots of snow, once you plow it, it is almost impossible to move later, my opinion

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Never used a snowblower at all period, but depending on the situation I’d be willing to bet that a 60″ plow on an ATV is at least twice as fast as a snow blower. The snow blower will do when blowing out a “city” driveway, but when your driveway is a 1/4 mile long I’ll use my plow.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I have a plow on mine, not sure what brand. I prefer the manual lift, much quicker than the winch. If I need to lift the plow higher, I hook it to the winch, or take the plow off if its play time.

Jami

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

2nd 4wheeler … same Moose Plow. The Moose is a very well built plow. A winch is very handy as long as the button is easily accesible .

masters
    oregon il

I have 08 king quad 750,60in tusk plow from rocky mtn atv and winch .I have had manual lift on other quads and will never go back. Winch all the way.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I have been plowing my 1/4 mile drive way with 01 Sportsman 500, with Polaris 60″ plow and manual lift. I has worked well. The manual lift works faster than a winch but will not go as high which sometimes will drag back snow and require another forward pass to clean up. I have now switched to a 3/4 ton and a 7’6″ super duty Boss plow. I was getting to cold and it was taking to much time. I also have a 8.25hs snow blower to use around my buildings and would not go without. As stated above, If you live in the city a snow blower is the way to go.

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

I have a 60″ Moose and I like it a lot. Be sure to get a 60″. If you get a 48″ when you pivot it it will not plow as wide as your track. I have a spring assist manual lift and it is OK. I do not have enough confidence in the ATV’s charging/battery systems to run a winch and headlights. No way is a hand operated blower faster than an ATV plow on any long driveway. It does not matter much how long it is, you spend more time backing up and maneuvering. Plow big early in the season. Without proper “space management” you could have problems in March. Once your wind row has had time to set it is difficult to move it with an ATV. And when we get one of the big snow events get out and give it a quick once over several times before it’s done. Save the detail work until it’s over. IMO plowing snow is “the” reason to justify an ATV. I sold the Farmall with the snow bucket when I got mine.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

I have a Swisher plow and a winch from Cablelas, winch is slower but You can also use it if the ATV gets stuck, I think the plow from Fleet Farm was around $500. and the winch $80.00. All work just fine for me.

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Glacier Plow , Drive on drive off quick connect , you can go from work to play mode just by moving a handle , beats the heck out of unbolting a plow in the cold ..

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I have a Warn 60″ cyclone plow on my polaris sportsman 500 x2. This plow is awesome. It has of course a warn winch and the plow blade has a quick disconect. The blade has 3 plow angles to the right and 3 to the left so ya can windrow the snow to whatever direction ya need. Going straight the snow will roll just like the big DOT rigs. I highly recomend it. These things are built like a tank!

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

moose 60″ with quick realease is great easy on off with no climbing under to unhook. need a wich but worth it. I replace cable with fiber rope 6′ it doesn’e wear out. I use this fro plowing sidewalks for my business lasted many years of tough service.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.