2008 Yamaha FX Nytro RTX – review

• mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

The guys at Belle Plaine Motorsports gave me the opportunity to climb abort a brand new Nytro RTX this past weekend and it was incredible. Here is what I thought.

The sled has wonderful low end torque and the engine continues to pull. There is not a millisecond delay in throttle response and no flat spots throughout the entire power band. The secondary clutch is very fast shifting allowing the rider to rocket out of the corners. It seems like once you let off the throttle and get back on it, the clutching is right there with you. I really liked the feel of the chasis as well. It seemed that you could throw the thing around however you want, but when you went hard into a corner, it stayed level with minimal ski lift. If you got on the throttle in an open field, you could ride a wheely as far as you want, but if you wanted no ski lift, all you had to do is shift your weight forward and everything ran level. This was my first experience with a 4 stroke sled and I was impressed. The engine compartment is jammed back full of technology, but the good part is that it appears that you have easy access to the clutches, gearbox, and fluids. The only downfall is that I couldn’t sneak it out of the dealer in my back pocket.

I am now on the vurge of marital issues because I will not stop talking about that sled to the wife. Does anyone have an extra $9000 I can have? I think I need to come out of snocross retirement and get back out on the track with one of these!

Has anyone else had a chance to ride one yet? If you haven’t tried one, you really should.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.