atv repair

• Nitrodog

I have a artic cat 2004 that wont go into 4×4. I installed a new actuator and it still wont work?

munchy
    NULL

Have you checked the switch?

Nitrodog

I assume the switch is good, I can hear the actuator when I hit the switch

pete grassl

i have a 2005 arctic cat that had the same problem.spline on the front driveshaft was stripped from not engaging all the way.about a $350 repair.may or may not be your issue.

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

i have a 2005 arctic cat that had the same problem.spline on the front driveshaft was stripped from not engaging all the way.about a $350 repair.may or may not be your issue.

Kinda similar to above.
    I have a 2004 400 and if the front drive shaft boot clamp comes loose, the shaft will move far back and not engage. Later years they put a spring behind the shaft so it doesn’t move back to far. But the in the 04’s the only thing keeping it from moving to far is the front rubber driveshaft boot. Kinda dumb.

If you have a 500, then the front shaft is a bit different, but a similar thing can happen.

404 ERROR
    MN

I would guess it is the Spline, like Pete said. Pull the driveshaft back and check the spline. You’ll be able to tell immediately if it’s the issue. I’m also in Rosemount, let me know if you need any help. I’ve been working on ATV’s for years.

Not sure if AC is the same as some others, but sometimes a dirty connection to the actuator will not allow the 4×4 to kick in, even if the actuator is moving. Problem i’ve had with Can-Am’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.