Warmth Matters

• arklite881south

There is simply nothing enjoyable about experiencing the Chill of “Mother Nature” gripping your body. In the dangerous weather conditions experienced here in bone rattling isolation of International Falls, Minnesota many local “Ice Heads” have clearly understood the relationship between warmth and enjoyment.

I’ve never considered myself a serious student of Science, but in reviewing Snosuits motto “The Science of Warmth” it just flat out made sense to me. There is seldom debate that the personal fun meter quickly freezes in a low position when ones body temperature begins to plummet. In taking a further look at those who embrace the harsh realities of winter it is quite often apparent, the folks with the biggest smiles on their face are often times wearing the extreme outerwear from Snosuit. This scientifically designed set of bibs and jacket protect those who dare to live life to the extremes in the harsh realities of a Minnesota Winter.

Many Vehicle manufacturers perform the cold weather testing of their product line on our local streets each year. The chilling title “Ice Box” of the nation is broadcast throughout the world as the small town of International Falls gets national attention nearly every week for local weather. Our annual race is recognized as the “Freeze your Gizzard Run” for those crazy enough to expand their lungs in the crisp morning air. Area communities are often in debate on whose town drops the mercury the furthest each and every year. Still one thing remains constant, and seldom up for any debate. When December is ushered in with a fierce blow from Mother Nature those who live in the “Northwoods” must embrace the change in seasons. You will notice a sense of attitude when dealing with chilling weather conditions from our local population. Smoke rolls out the chimneys of wood boilers, and dogs are found tip toeing through the endless drifts of snow. Here in the northern reaches of Minnesota the chilling cry of winter is eagerly embraced by those calling “Borderland” home.

As one of the few Full-time Licensed Captains running a winter fishing guide service here on Rainy lake you can be certain I’m very conscious of the elements we operate our business within. We enjoy the vast 220,000 acres of pristine waters covered with ice in our backyard. I’ve made no bones about the fact that there are simply no ribbons handed out for second place products when depending on your personal equipment. I’ve placed a special emphasis on making sure our gear we take on the ice is up for the everyday challenge.

I distinctly remember a couple of years ago when filming an ice fishing show with In Depth Outdoors when I was introduced to the superior warmth and durability of Snosuit. In preparing for the days filming I was handed a set of bibs to wear for our shoot. I’ve worn countless pairs of bibs and Jackets, but I clearly remember the extreme weather we experienced that particular day, and the undeniable heat generated from that suit in comparison to what I had come accustomed to. I remember commenting on how I was simply HOT in that suit!! We literally spent the entire day hole hopping chasing Big “Donk” Crappies, and I swear I could have worn a simple T-shirt under that Snosuit!! That for me was “GAMECHANGING”. Those who have slipped into a Snosuit will surely agree these boys have did their homework. I must warn you that if you buy one for your wife she is probably going to start wanting to come with!! You can try hide this article from her, but she’s eventually going to find out!!

I sincerely urge anyone looking for superior warmth, comfort, and durability in their personal winter shield this year to not take my word, but seek out this suit for yourself. I will promise you it will be the warmest outfit you’ve every put on!! You too will find yourself scoffing in the face of mother Nature shouting at the top of your lungs “IS THAT ALL YOU’VE GOT!!!!” From Rainydaze Guide Service located in International Falls…….Thank you Snosuit you clearly make everyday more enjoyable for us in the heart of winter!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Snosuit is also a great option for open water season as well…Night fishing on Mille Lacs during October/Novemeber full moons can get down right cold. Simply dressing in a T-shirt, hoodie, and jeans adding the Snosuit over is all you need. Spring fishing on Rainy River of Mississippi in March/April same clothing applies.

If your not warm your miserable, and psychologically you tell yourself to call it a day! Snosuit allows you fish comfortably and warm!!! A great product.

Nice article Chris.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very well stated Chris and Ill 2nd what Calvin has stated about wearing the Snosuit in the boat. Many people ask me how I can stand those long hours in the boat in the winter time. Snosuit is the simple answer.

One thing that differs very much from open water fishing to ice fishing is the inactivity of fishing out of a boat. Everyone knows it can be challenging to stay warm if you are not moving around a lot. So even though us soft water fisherman fish a little milder temps than you hard water guys we still have our own challenges to stay warm. The Snosuit has no problems with this.

Snosuit gets a big thumbs up from me.

arklite881south

Quote:

Very well stated Chris and Ill 2nd what Calvin has stated about wearing the Snosuit in the boat. Many people ask me how I can stand those long hours in the boat in the winter time. Snosuit is the simple answer.

One thing that differs very much from open water fishing to ice fishing is the inactivity of fishing out of a boat. Everyone knows it can be challenging to stay warm if you are not moving around a lot. So even though us soft water fisherman fish a little milder temps than you hard water guys we still have our own challenges to stay warm. The Snosuit has no problems with this.

Snosuit gets a big thumbs up from me.

Very good point from both of you. I’ve always said a cold day fishing open water can be even more bone chilling than hovered on the ice. There simply is no substitute for remaining comfortable when enjoying the outdoors. Thanks for sharing your experience gentleman!! I will also add the durability is a KEY feature to these Snosuits especially for anglers who likes to run panfish by working a large series of holes. Dropping down on your knees while you hurry a presentation to the bottom can be uncomfortable, and very tough on other suits.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

There is no way I could have been out in the boat in March from sun up to past sun down with out my SnoSuit and I would have missed out on this Piggie!

I agree with Cal and Mike. I don’t hit the hard water that much anymore but my SnoSuit has paid for itself many times over in the Spring and Fall Fishing Pool 2 and Mille Lacs! The only problem I have with my SnoSuit is when the wife comes with she steals it.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Gotta have a Blue one in the mix… I love mine

Sweet write up Chris

arklite881south

Quote:

The only problem I have with my SnoSuit is when the wife comes with she steals it.

Merry Christmas Honey!! Can’t think of a better gift under the tree for anyones Gal that enjoys the outdoors. I guarantee you the snowmobile rides, ice fishing adventures, and Spring/fall excursions will be much more enjoyable!! FOR ALL OF US!!

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Chris –

I pulled the trigger on mine after James borrowed me one for filming an ice show. The “test drive” sold me in an instant. A little more expensive, but very much worth the investment. Canada gives cold a new definition, but when braving the elements in a Snowsuit, comfort and more importantly safety let me concentrate on what I need to, and that is putting fish on the ice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.