Cat/Sturgeon Tip of the Day: Power Scissors

• steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I was at Menards (4th trip of the day) and stumbled on some Power Scissors while looking for a Tin Snips. If you don’t own a pair of Power Scissors you are missing one of the best cut bait tools made. What is nice about Power Scissors is that they cost $2 so when you fumble them over the side of the boat you have not lost a big investment. They will cut up just about any type of bait you want – and since we are in the middle of sturgeon season most everybody is hacking away at suckers, shad, and whatever else you can find for bait. I love them for cutting up bullheads – they make short work of those small 4″ to 5″ bullheads. I seldom use a knife anymore at all – just grab the Power Scissors and make a hunk of bait. They also work great for cutting lines or just about anything else that may need cutting.
    I first found them at Fleet Farm but haven’t been able to get them there for some time. I stumbled on these while shopping Menards in the Tin Snip aisle. $1.99 – money well spent. Get them while they are hot.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I try to keep everything in it’s place in my boat…but it seems like my scissors is never were I placed them last.

Back ups are a must have for night fishing and pretty darn handy for day time fishing.

At $1.99, I’m thinking 2 more are in order!

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I forget what the name brand was but the Scissors that Dean is selling at Everet’s are very nice for this kind of thing and sharp too

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

$2 are you kidding me? I’m on my way to Menard’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.