New Lowrance Waypoint Feature

• doc samson
    MN

Lowrance keeps updating their software and giving us new tools. One of the software updates allow the depth to be displayed with your waypoint.
    This is just one more way to help us remember details about our waypoints. We like to name them so we remember events associated with the waypoint. I use waypoint names like Crappie 1, Crappie 2, big fish, Boulders, Weedline 4, and trees.

You can view waypoint depth information by placing the map cursor on the waypoint and then press the WPT (waypoint) button to view example 1. You can also find the same information by pressing the waypoint button twice, select saved, and find your waypoint.

When you go back to lake after a few years it is hard to remember why you placed each waypoint. If I know the depth with the waypoint is 4 foot or 45 foot this information will trigger memories of that fishing spot.

This change in the waypoint data is why you now have to make a choice when saving your data (waypoints, trails and icons) on your Lowrance. You have to pick Version 2 or Version 3. Version 3 saves the depth with the waypoint so when you load this to a different unit the depth is transferred with the waypoint. Version 2 is the old way of saving data. Version 3 is not supported by MapCreate or Lowrance and Eagle models with older software.
    I recommend you save both Version 2 and 3 for now and make sure you name them! I name mine by date and label them V2 or V3.

Software upgrades are available from http://www.lowrance.com. You can sign up for reminders when new software updates are released. I choose this method instead of checking the website for new releases.

If you want to learn your Lowrance, learn about high tech mapping, or more about sonar I have a free library of information at http://www.hightechfishing.com.

Bruce Samson, M.D.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.