are there any good night time ifra red trail cams

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I’m interested in a trail cam that has a dependable night time video mode that takes clear and dependable night time videos, are there any even on the market? I want to get some clear night time videos of my trapping sets. Are there any other cameras that take good night time videos outside the trail cam offerings that have a motion sensor, a guy can get for a few hundred dollars?, Please post with suggestions.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Depends on your definition of clear I guess. I only have one complaint with the night vision video of my browning cameras. Too close and you get some whiteout, but that’s an easy fix if looking at a set object, don’t put it too close. Length of video is limited at night, but not a huge drawback for me, and you can set it on an extremely short delay so its just a few seconds before its starts back up. Best $130 trail camera ive every used.
    I don’t know but would image the reconyx night videos should be good, but with what you pay for one of those it should pretty much shoot the deer (trap the critter in your case) by itself.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

How “clear” is clear? How “dependable” is dependable?

It might help to know what, exactly, is the application here? Are you looking for a security/property monitoring type camera?

I can share with you some of the videos that my trail cams have taken. PM me with an email address and I’ll email you some clips.

I have mostly Bushnell Trophy Cams and their pictures and videos are terrific. For wildlife uses, the videos are more than good enough, but my sense is that you have some other application in mind where very fine detail might be required. That moves the bar up significantly if that’s the case.

Grouse

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

To be honest I’d like to see someone post an example of an “undependable” and “unclear” video. My first camera (and I still use it…) was purchased on clearance at Menards for $29.99 and takes awesome nighttime video’s. If that’s as bad as it get’s I’m happy…RR

JoeMX1825
    MN

My $99 Moultre cam takes great nighttime shots, I love that it runs off of 8 AA batteries.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thanks everybody, I’m sending a message Grouse, Anymore comments would be appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.