Are Striker Stealth Gloves Really Waterproof

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Are they, I’m hearing different things. This is regarding the new, this years versions.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I have the apex gloves and they seem to be living up to the waterproof claim. I have not had the stealth gloves though.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Scary part to me is the stretch fabric and how can they make it waterproof. Apex and others with their fabric has to be easier I would think.?

3Rivers

They have an inner liner (between the fabric) which is waterproof. This membrane can be broken by sharp objects or wear and tear though and once it’s breached, you’ll get some leakage.

SconnieFib

The stealth gloves are neoprene, which is inherently waterproof. The leaks will occur at the seams of they are compromised. I have owned another brand of neoprene gloves, they were 100% waterproof until I pulled the seams apart taking the gloves off by the fingertips.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The blackfish gloves are very good too. And price is right. I did ruin mine during deer season, but they were good before I cut them all up lol

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Thanks Sconnie, I am in a place where nobody carries them so I can’t actually see them. But if these gloves are neoprene, I don’t want anything to do with them. I tried neoprene gloves, way back when they were a phenomenon that everybody had to have. They were cold and extremely fragile. Guess I better keep looking.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I just bought a pair at fleet farm they were on sale. Have been on ice three times with them and they seem good. Not as warm as you may want but decent for being outside. I have been happy with water proof ness. Only thing is they kind of neck down in a sense and getting them on and off is not super easy but then again they do fit my hands nicely.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have not tried the Striker ones. The Frabill ones I had had a plastic liner in them. Water got trapped in the liner and my hands were colder with the gloves on then off. Just picked up a pair of the Blackfish ones to try for this year.

Andy Fischer

I have not tried the Striker ones. The Frabill ones I had had a plastic liner in them. Water got trapped in the liner and my hands were colder with the gloves on then off. Just picked up a pair of the Blackfish ones to try for this year.

Once you use them, I’d like a review. Been considering them myself. Would like a pair for hole-hopping.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Once you use them, I’d like a review. Been considering them myself. Would like a pair for hole-hopping.

That’s what I bought them for. I will be out hole hopping this weekend and will try to remember to post a review.

acarroline

I ordered both the stealth gloves and the blackfish arid. I kept the Blackfish and returned both strikers. Arid’s felt better to me and were stronger in the reviews I was able to find and people shared. Unfortunately, I haven’t had them out to test yet but hope to soon, like this weekend. Time will tell if my decision was ‘right” for me.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I tried the arids on but the Strikers have the wrist cuff so I thought they would be good for snow blowing too. The arids seemed nice but short. I usually use cheap brown cotton gloves so I don’t need real warm gloves for that but cotton ones always get wet so this style seemed like a great solution for both snow blowing and fishing. The arids didn’t feel like neoprene, they aren’t are they?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The arids didn’t feel like neoprene, they aren’t are they?

I didn’t think they were. I think they are more like the soft-shell jacket material. I honestly don’t know what they are made of and the website doesn’t list it. My guess is they are not neoprene since it does say breathable material.

https://blackfishgear.com/arid-waterproof-glove

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

I have the strikers and they are nice. I would say they are pretty waterproof, but ice will start to buildup on the outside if you keep getting them wet. They help keep your hands warm and out of the wind and still have dexterity compared to bulky gloves.

SconnieFib

Far and away the best gloves I have tried are the Striker Combat gloves. These are the warmest I own for the ATV ride out, are 100% waterproof on the beginning of year 3, and have a crazy amount of dexterity for the warmth. I use them regularly fishing and don’t own any gloves that are easier to fish with. The only setback is the hefty price tag, and it’s completely worth it in my opinion.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I ripped my pair of Strikers the second time out. They just seem delicate in my opinion. I have been running the Arid glove from Blackfish, and while not necessarily for ice fishing, it’s definitely 100% waterproof, and a bit tougher than the strikers in my opinion. Great dexterity too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.