Arctic shield suit

• Josh

Just curious if anyone has tried the Arctic Shield bibs and Jacket? Current hunting clothing is cheap stuff from fleet farm and the wind eats right through it. Also open to other options other than the Arctic Shield stuff.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve owned both Striker Predator suits and the new Ascent suit from Clam and have liked both over anything else I’ve owned. They are pricey but well worth it when you are sitting in 0 degree or less temps and not getting cold or wet.

Can’t comment on the Arctic Shield. Never tried them.

Henpecked

Don’t know about Artic Shield, but if your looking for something a bit less pricey than Striker or Clam you might check out these: https://icerunnerhouses.com/float-suits/
    I have not tried them but own one of their Ice houses and I’m sure the quality is good. I will vouch for Striker if it’s in the budget.

B-man

Arctic Shield is good stuff, warm and comfortable.

The fabric is very quiet.

I think my stuff is called C3 (bought it at Cabela’s 6 years ago or so). I love it!

I see Cabela’s no longer carries it after the Bass Pro buy-out….

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I’ve been wearing Arctic shield for my cold weather bow hunting combo since the 2009 season. I really like it, warm, not too bulky, quiet, and it lasted through 11 seasons and counting. Bibs still look dang near new, parka is starting to show some wear but still use-able (it gets worn without the bibs more often). If you’ve got long hikes in, or lots of climbing to do though, I would pack them in and put them on at the tree or you would be a sweaty mess.

If a parka/bib combo fits your hunting style, I highly recommend them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.