Bow for a little kid?

• timmy

my 4yr old is obsessed with getting a real bow for Christmas. Not a toy – but a real arrow launcher…..

What is a decent bow for me to pick up for him so I can take him to the little kids league night? I know nothing of kids bows…..I want something that’ll reliably launch arrows for him and last a couple yrs at least……without breaking the bank.

T

alanmdk

My little ones both have bows. Little Bossman is 7 now and started shooting with a Bear Pioneer when he was 5. Its a little bigger than some on the market but it didn’t take long and he was holding it up all on his own. Belle started just before she turned 4 with the pink camo Diamond Nuclear Ice. It’s smaller than the Pioneer and has a little easier pressless adjustments on it. Both are nice little bows. You might be able to find a used Pioneer or Pioneer II for around $100, but for just under $200 new w/ case, arrows, sight, and quiver, the Nuclear Ice in my opinion is a pretty good deal.

I haven’t delt with any of the other smaller bows out there but I believe Bear still makes a whole line of pretty affordable beginer bows.

CW

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I am sitting in the same boat after taking my 4 yo in the blind with me for a day.

I went to Fleet Farm in teh archery department and they had a number of cost effective bows that go from toys up to real nice bows to fit small bodies.

I got my son a mid grade bow that I think he can pull back and use. I can upgrade it as needed.

Good luck.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My nephew really wants one also. I have been tasked with looking for something for him. I’ll have to go check out FF. Thanks!!

whittsend

My 6 yo has a Diamond Nuclear Ice that I got him when he turned 5. His 3 year old brother likes to use it as well, with a little help. They both LOVE the bow.

Fully adjustable draw length and poundage, its a pretty sweet little setup. Its not a “toy” bow, its the real deal, just a smaller package. 10 – 30 lbs draw weight and 14 – 24 inch length. At max poundage, you could actually legally hunt with it, depending on local laws….

$179 at Cabelas, fully loaded (case, too).

Mike

Nuclear Ice youth bow

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Another for the Nuclear Ice here!

TheMidwestHunter
    MN

Another vote for the Nuclear Ice here as well. Tons of adustability!

postmaster

I vote for the Mathews Craze IBO Rate Up to 306 fps Physical Weight 3.6 lbs. Axle to Axle 28 ” Brace Height 7.5 ” Let-off 80% Riser Extruded Finish (Riser/Limbs) N/A Draw Weight 15 – 70 lbs Draw Length 19 – 30″ It’s a bow that they can use their whole life, my son bought one and I am thinking about selling my “85” PSE and getting one. He paid $299

TeamBurbot

Mission has a few new bows that are truly awesome, you can adjust the draw lenth from 18 to 30 inches on most and the poundage from about 20 to 70 pounds i belive all on the same bow and same cams, so as long as your kid does not mind not getting a new bow every year this is a great bow and its priced right also, check these out mission archey.

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

My brother just bought his girls the Nuclear Ice, awesome little bow, another for this one

herefishyfishy
    MN

We purchased a Mathews Mission for my son when he turned five and like stated about there is alot of room to grow with this bow. He loves it and it will fit him for years to come.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.