$2100 Mathews bow?

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m sure it’s a great bow but I wonder how much of this has to do with simply being more expensive than Hoyt’s? As for the economy, the guys who can afford this or justify it probably aren’t influenced by the dollar like most of us common folks.

prieser
    Byron, MN

When it comes right down to it, it does not matter what it costs. If you practice enough, the 200.00 bow will kill just as many critters. With that being said, some people will just have to have it…

dylan1123
    wisconsin

there just trying to keep up with hoyt!

waterfowler99
    Midwest

It’s a specialty bow..hence the name Safari… 100 # limbs is one of the features. I am sure there is a select market that will bite on it just like anything…African big game hunters, moose/musk ox hunters??? No different than buying a 50 k boat vs a 10k boat or a 50 rod vs a 500 $ rod….we can all get by with less.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes this is a speciality bow..the riser takes takes much longer to machine which adds to the cost and I am told it will be available in 85# limbs..not sure about 100#s

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hoyt wishes it could keep up with Mathews

waterfowler99
    Midwest

I am just assuming it will have 100’s since the original Safari did back in the early 2000’s. And for reference…that model was $1000.00 10 years ago.

BBushy
    Moorhead, Minnesota

Hey Guys,
    I shot the Hoyt Carbon Matrix and thought that it was a sweet little bow but at 1600 dollars it’s alittle bit expensive. I guess Mathews thought they could raise the bar.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Hoyt wishes it could keep up with Mathews

Obviuously you haven’t shot a HOYT… how far behind are they ??? Lot’s of innovation, that has been copied both ways Please elaborate on your obviously non-skewed unbiased opinion.

coppertop
    Central MN

In my opinion a JOKE! Sorta like the Ford Taurus I looked at during the State fair. A mear $43,000.

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

In my opinion a JOKE! Sorta like the Ford Taurus I looked at during the State fair. A mear $43,000.

les_welch

Quote:

I guess Mathews thought they could raise the bar.

Mathews raised the bar back in ’92, and have done every year since. We as archers should be thankful. I could care less about the $$$, or that bow for that matter. I don’t need it, but if I did need it, it would be worth the money. IMO if Mathews hadn’t done what it has for the industry, we as a whole would be much farther behind on technology. Regardless of what brand we currently shoot.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Quote:

I guess Mathews thought they could raise the bar.

Mathews raised the bar back in ’92, and have done every year since. We as archers should be thankful. I could care less about the $$$, or that bow for that matter. I don’t need it, but if I did need it, it would be worth the money. IMO if Mathews hadn’t done what it has for the industry, we as a whole would be much farther behind on technology. Regardless of what brand we currently shoot.

Well said

big_g
    Isle, MN

HOYT was founded in 1942…. I doubt they did not advance archery in 68 years Yes, 1992 sinlge cam innovation was Mathews, but without a current bow in hand, do you think Matt would have come up with it ??? HOYT has many industry firsts, way before Mathews was even thought of. People like to overlook that. Look back and read a little… before 1992, lots of innovation got us to where we are today, names like HOYT, Easton, Bear and others… Obviously there is always room for improvement/innovation.. I belive Mathews even is using Split-Limbs on there bows today…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The best part about all the “my dad is tougher than your dad” stuff, we all win as consumers. Each year manufacturers continue to push each other.

Realisticly, look at any industry, but I’ll use guns for an example. There are lots of expensive shotguns out there, but the old 870 is hard to beat. To each his own.

And for the record, RYTERA RULES!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

RYTERA RULES

If you have 6 arrows!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Quote:

And for the record, RYTERA RULES!!!

Well said

Im staying out of this argument

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am not arguing, just stating facts. What’s a Rytera

Everybody should buy the bow they feel most comfortable with.

Speaking of Bows, I looked at a ROSS a few years back. The brother in law bought one, sweet bow. Anyways, I thought they were bought out by another manufacturer that wanted some technology… but if you google ROSS bows, they have a website and everything you click says “Coming Oct 1″…. that’s tomorrow ??? Anybody know whats going on there ??? Dennis ???

little_g
    durand WI

Kooty all you have shot is the blind and ran out of arrows doing that.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Lot’s can be said here but I will keep it short and sweet. Andy Ross sold Ross bows to Bowtech several years ago. Had a few issues and “left” Bowtech and started to build his own bows again.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I see Thanks Dennis…..figured something was up and you’d know

huntalot60
    wisconsin

i didn’t know but i think pretty soon i have to make my own bow to hunt with it’s great paying more so they can give them away to there shooters.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

It’s stuff like this that makes me seriously consider going back to a recurve.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.