Scent cover recipe

• TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

Can’t seem to find the recipe for homemade scent cover.Does anyone have it?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Heres one. Its been awhile since I’ve made it but its a good scent and it stays put. I took acorns and shucked them down to the meats. I then rolled them up in a towel and broke them up good with a hammer. I then put them in the blender with water and liquified them, it took about 15 minutes adding salt to keep it from spoiling. I then poured the mix through the towel again over a bowl to keep any solids behind in the towel. I then put the liquid in my spray bottle. A hint is to use a garage sale or discount blender because it does dull the blades some.

I sprayed myself, clothes, bow, arrows etc.. I didn’t know how good it would stick but it turned out to stick really well and the scent smelled the same a couple days later, it didn’t fade much. I sprayed my equipment a few times and it released an acorn smell well into hunting season. It does work and its cheap to make. You can use other things also but make sure you use salt so it cures and doesn’t spoil. The Boisen berries are going to be ripening here in about a month and I might make some again.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

two 16 oz cups Hydrogen peroxide
    two 16 oz cups distilled water
    1/2 cup baking soda
    1 oz unscented shampoo

mix in a gallon jug and let sit for several days with the lid loose to let the gases out.
    pour into a spray bottle and your are all set.
    you can also soak some plain brown paper towels and use them for wipes in the field

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

That’s the one. thanks jetdriver.

waldog10

Dont even bother with all that stuff. Just smoke yourself up using a “scentsmoker”. Works great!

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

I was at Walmart last night and they had a whole kit for $20. Laundry soap, spray, hair soap, body soap…etc etc.. looks like a pretty good deal for what you get…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.