Bow for a small framed lady

• gobbler
    Central, MN

i’m trying to talk the wife into bow hunting and would like some advice on Makes/Models. She’s smaller at 5’5″ 110-115#’s. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

There is quite a lot to choose from now days. I guess it all depends on what she can pull back. My wife is 5′-4″ and shoots a Mathews DXT with a 24″ draw. She has the 50 lb model and shoots about 47lbs. Tiffany Lakosky is about the same height and her DXT is a 25″ draw and she shoots about 54 lbs.

Corey Waller also had a good suggestion on a bow for a smaller frame hunter, but I forgot what it was.

I would first suggest you get her draw length measured up because this will possibly limit you on the bows you can purchase. Some come down to 25″ but not many will go under that.

Lastly, I have a lower end PSE (Stacie’s old bow) with some higher end accessories on it that I was thinking about selling. It would be a good/cheaper way to figure out if she likes it first before going and spending huge cash on a bow. If you do choose to upgrade, the accessories would easily change to a new bow. Give me a PM if you are interested.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Quote:

i’m trying to talk the wife into bow hunting and would like some advice on Makes/Models. She’s smaller at 5’5″ 110-115#’s. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

Gobbler, could you post a picture of her so we can make some accurate recommendations?
    Good luck
    cheers

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Parker makes a great bow for the money for your gal

gobbler
    Central, MN

Hope this helps to determine the Bow for her

gobbler
    Central, MN

Pic of Coppertop all pimped out at the wedding!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would think the “Lil’ Brave” should suffice for Coppertop….

Sorry, couldn’t resist

big G

coppertop
    Central MN

What the? How did I get thrown in this? Maybe you could post a pic of my favorite bridesmaid while you’re at it!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Gobbler check email!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

bow tech makes a nice Bow for women or kids called a tom cat Pretty fast and not super pricey.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

LOL, Nice pic Coppertop!!! I can just see it. 6 hours later, Randy is doing the worm to impress that “bridesmaid”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.