Tuning question

• deerdragger

I just put on a Trophy Taker drop-away rest (I had been shooting a Whisker Bskt) on my Hoyt UltraMag. Happy as a clam, I was shooting tight groups in no time. Then I started shooting broadheads…They give me equally tight groups, but they are always 3 inches to the left (at 20 yards).

I’ve not paper-tuned the bow since installing the new rest and I know I need to do that. Just thought I’d post my situation to see if any of you might have some suggestions.

Thoughts/suggestions/tips? Am I out-thinking this? One thought I had is to simply adjust my sights for the broadheads. As long as they hit consistantly at whatever yardage – who the heck cares that field tips hit differently. The elk/deer/bear won’t care.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

come to the archery shoot on the 7th and I will be glad to help you out. or shoot your bow thru paper and let me know how it tares then I wll help you from there.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Cory is absolutely right…there are way too many variables that could cause the left arrows. Paper tuning is the “BEST” place to start! The bow will tell you what needs to be attended to.

deerdragger

Thanks for the quick replies – yeah, I’ll be back in the Cities on Weds. and will papertune at Bawana’s (that’s where I bought the rest).

I appreciate the offer to help at the shoot on the 7th, but I’ll be on kid duty that day as my wife will be on one of her scrapbooking retreats.

As an aside, I gotta tell you fellas – Scrapbooking is the best thing that ever happened to my hunting/fishing. Now she has a “thing” that she is able to go and do (and spend $$ on). It has significantly reduced the guilt-factor in regards to my activities. Win/win.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

bring the little one with if possible. just an idea

just let me know how its tearing and I will help you diagnose it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.