Camp Ripley Deadline Aug. 15th

• gobbler
    Central, MN

If you plan on applying to hunt in Camp Ripley this year remember we only have until this Friday. P.S. please pm me all your secret “big buck” spots in there. LOL

big_g
    Isle, MN

Got my number last night and heading to Mills tonight to apply. As a side note, both hunts are now a Sunday & Monday. I get blindfolded when we go in, so I can’t tell you where we have gotten a “few” 150″ deer….

big G

lars
    Rochester, MN

So how do those hunts work? Is it just a race to spots? Do they have treestands up to use? I was going to apply but I don’t know if I would like it or not seeing people walking through the woods and not really knowing where people are.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Thanks for the heads up! WIll be getting signed up under our group number today! It is a race to your spot. Ever see the movie Far and Away.. Same as that without the gun shooting.

Secret spots Gobbler?? Didn’t you poach my spot 2 years ago?? I think you did. You forced me into a new and better spot. I will tell you this……wait, i will tell you nothing!!! Are you planning on camping out Sat and sunday? We will have a camper for our group and my dad n brothers will have another. We should hook up for som and BS if you do.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Dale, you going Hunt “A” ? If so, we should hook up for a couple too !!!

big G

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

G, We’re actually hunting B. I woulda rather been in A but it didn’t work for two of the guys in my group. WOulda been fun to have some beers. But we’ll have to chat during the middle week. I’m always curious to see how things go the first weekend when i’m hunting the second. I have 3 brothers and dad going A.

But remember, be careful not to show up too early again this year. Last year (according to a buddy) the were letting everyone in the park as they showed up. The one’s that were TOO early were sent to one line, and then at or around noon they began to send others to another line. The one’s that showed up too early were then directed to the back of the line after all the others were parked on the main road to the camp. My buddy just happend to be right after the cut off and got super lucky, he ended up being only a few trucks back from the front of the line.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.