Anyone shoot a Free Flight release

• Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Right now I shoot a Fletchomatic “T” rope release. I love it but the rollers are wearing out now and I have had a few “early releases”. I figure it’s time to make a switch to something more hunter friendly seeing how I don’t shoot many indoor tourneys anymore. I really don’t like any of the wrist strap releases I have tried so far. Besides, I loose a lot of draw length. Free Flights look like they would be durable and I don’t think I will loose much length even with the string loop.
    Any info on these would be great!!
    http://www.winnarchery.com

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have been shooting the Free Flight for the last 12 years or so, I love it. It’s is always in the ready position and puts the strain on your whole hand or just the wrist, you decide what works best for you. I also have one in a size XL, so I can wear it over my glove in the subzero weather. I like em

big G

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Good points “G”.

They are good releases truly made for a corner of the mouth anchor common to a lot of shooters. I can not get used to them because I anchor with the string centered on my chin/nose with my trigger under my jaw. I have a new one hanging in the shop for $59.

BTW…Fletcher will rebuild your “T” for very little $$$.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I have thought about the rebuild but I thought this was as good a time as ever to change. I figure if I can’t get used to the change, I’ll just send in my “T” for the rebuild……on second thought, I’ll just send it in now and if I have to change back it’ll be ready to go.

Thanks for the input..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.