Anyone else build their own arrows?

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Well, after spending a ton of money getting arrows re-fletched(5 bucks an arrow)the past couple of years, I’ve decided to build my own. I spent almost a hundy last year getting mine and the boy’s arrows re-done! I bought a jig, 3 dozen arrow, nocks, inserts,glue, and 500 vanes off Bowhunterssuperstore.com for under a 100 bucks! I’ll post some pics when I get some done!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I redo my own as well. And a few of my buddies. I love it and will never pay to have it done. it’s so simple and inexpensive. The best part is that when you need them done you can do it in no time. NO more waiting a week to get em’ back! Looking forward to seeing some pics.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I do mine as well. It’s nice that i don’t have to spend the money on jigs cuz i just borrow a friends Easy to do and like said before, no waiting around

tres_pezon
    Plymouth, MN

I bought a jig last year and have loved doing my own (and buddies). I can wrap and fletch two to three dozen of my own arrows for the cost of bringing them in.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I bought a Bitzenburger jig 38 years ago…now I fletch about 50-75 doz arrows per season out of my own archery business. It is a fun and money saving hobby.
    Not trying to do an infomercial here, but if you guys ever need any shafts or accessories don’t hesitate to PM me. I buy large quantities from a distributor and can usually match or beat Cabelas etc…

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey Tom what do you get for a dozen XX78 superslams. Blanks, tips and knocks plus 4″ left helical feathers.

robhood23

I do all my own as well. I have really gotten to like the fletching tape as well. This makes it alot easier for guys just starting out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.