Which sight

• KirtH
    Lakeville

If you get by a Cabelas they are very good at accessing values of used guns at their gun library.

Or you could call one and describe what you have. They could give you rough idea

casygram
    DeWitt, IA

Just checked Blue Book of Gun Values(22nd Edition) which is at least a few years old. The only Forester I found listed was a pre-1972 model, medium action. There is no reference to a deluxe version. In 100% of original condition, which would be new condition, the value was $950 at the time the book was published. An example of how value changes with respect to condition, 95% reduced the value to $725.
    Sounds like a nice rifle.

Charlie

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

Thanks. Where can a guy get a blue book like that?

casygram
    DeWitt, IA

I bought mine from amazon.com for around $25. They are currently selling the 28th edition dated April 2007 for $27 and free shipping. My copy has 1,068 pages. This book is very helpful in the buying and selling of firearms.

Charlie

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

I need a new sight. I want one that will be bright enough in the blind and will not be too bright in the middle of the day. Seems like some of them are so bright during the day it makes your pin look big. What do you guys use?

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I use HHA single pin adjustable sight with .019 pin. Great sight, quality construction. Single pins aren’t for everybody, but it works for me.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I like the vertical in line sights by Trophy Ridge. I have the GUIDE SERIES 5 PIN with .19’s. There is a place for a glow stick to brighten the pins up for low light conditions if you are in a state like ND that does not allow battery operated lights. Or if you want to mount a light on it when your in MN that is capable of that also. Either way I rarely use the light as the pins are just fine the way it is. The vertical pins really opens up and brightens the sight window for me and this is huge at the moment of truth.

Like BP said, some guys like the single pin, I’m not one of them, but to each their own.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I like the vertical in line sights by Trophy Ridge. I have the GUIDE SERIES 5 PIN with .19’s. There is a place for a glow stick to brighten the pins up for low light conditions if you are in a state like ND that does not allow battery operated lights. Or if you want to mount a light on it when your in MN that is capable of that also. Either way I rarely use the light as the pins are just fine the way it is. The vertical pins really opens up and brightens the sight window for me and this is huge at the moment of truth.

Like BP said, some guys like the single pin, I’m not one of them, but to each their own.

Same here…

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

HHA single pin for me. I believe it is a 5000 series. I love how bright it is and it’s though.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

HHA single pin for me too

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

HHA single pin for me too

Same here HHA OL-5000

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

HHA single pin sights have been on my bows for a long, long, time… I love em! Made right here in Wisconsin!

machster179
    Cannon Falls, MN

I also use the HHA single pin sight but the only frustration I have is the single pin with long yardage.

I want to be able to shoot up to 45 yards and with a single pin there isn’t always time to loosen and adjust the pin for the correct yardage without being spotted while on stand.

What are the others shooting single pin doing in this case? Do you sight in at 25 yards and not move the pin?
    Any info would be appreciated.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.