Rage broadhead

• hdmeyer

I have the rage 3 blade 1.5 inch broadhead and i am courteous on what people think about them. I have not tryed them but i wan to know what others think. If anyone has pictures of the entry wound or exit that would e great i am thinking about sticking with them but like i said i want your opinion

Derrick

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

I shot a deer last year and saw another that my buddy shot with the Rage 2 blade. All I can say is that it didnt go far, pretty impressive

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Ive heard that they open em up so much, that you dont have to field dress em…lol

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I used the 3-blade on the buck in my avatar and was impressed. I will be using it again this fall.

hdmeyer

thanks for your opinion and i have heard many good things about them but wanted your opinion so thanks

Derrick

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Last year I made the switch to them fully (The year before I shot them only at does). The flight of them compared to my field tips is what really impressed me. I hunt a lot in SD & ND and the winds out there are almost always blowing. The Rages really tightened up my broad head groups down range and increased my comfort range. I have not shot a buck with them, but have enough confidence in them to use them every day even when chasing Mr. Big.

The only down fall I see to them is when hunting on the ground or spot & stalk, the blades very easily disengage. It just takes it rubbing against a tall blade of grass. You just need to be careful and if you are spot and stalking just pay attention to that. Every time I get settled in the stand, I go through my check list and checking the blades on the Rage is top priority.

lick

i shot multiple deer with rage last year very happy with them only complaint is they are good for only 1 shot if you hit any bones the blades seem to bend too easy

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I just bought a new pack of 3 bladers. Wow! They fly sweet, it was hard for me to put away the trusty Snipers, but I’m glad I did! Can’t wait to see em in action.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I know what you mena. They do fly true for me also!

prieser
    Byron, MN

How are they for pulling out of like a block style target when you practice.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I just use the practice head to practice. I usually do shoot a few “real one” each year, just to make sure that it flies good with my set up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.