left handed bow sights

• phishirman
    Madison, WI

I bought a Gander Mountain Elite Tech the other day (same a Diamond Marquis) and haven’t found a sight for it yet. After looking around a bit online, I am having a tough time fiding a decent sight for a left handed bow…Ideally, I’d like to get a 4 pin set and finally get away from my pendulum sight.
    By the way, this thing is a sweet shooter for an awesome price right now (if they have any left) if anyone is looking. 40% off $700.00. Apply for a GM card and get another 10% off that.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I like the Trophy Ridge sights. Vertical in line pins ROCK if you ask me. You can get 1, 3, 5 or 7 pins. I have the Trophy Ridge Guide Series Micro Matrix 5 pin sight, but use 4 of them. I too am a lefty!

CLICK HERE to see the sight I have.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

phish…I think most every sight is universal…It may not say on the package but you simply need to move the mounting bracket on the otherside and take the “housing”off and mount it on ther otherside…ask any archery shop or the folks at Gander where you bought your bow.. its easier to show then explain..Good luck I bought the new Mathews dxt and put an Apex site on it and it is interchangable like most others Ive owned…Good shooting ..Jay

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Yep, thats what I had to do with the sight on my Hoyt. Except the Impact Archery wasn’t interchangeable, so I took the sight off that and mounted it on the base of a tru-glo. A couple sights that I had my eyes on were the Trophy Ridge Summit Hunter and Copper John Dead Nuts, but was worried when I saw “right hand only” in the description. Looks Like I am going to have to go to a pro shop and see what I can make work. Thanks for the input guys!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

A1 in Hudson WI is a great place to get your bow set up. I know of a friend and his dad are lefties and they one shoots a HHA three pin vertical sight, and his dad shoots an Extreme Archery 4 pin sight. HHA are lifetime warranties on the fiber optics. Your best bet is to go to a pro shop, not somewhere like Gander but Sportsman’s is decent

les_welch

If it says RH only, that’s what it means. But, as stated, usually most are reversable. I also second the HHA line, whether it be single or multiple pin. Very bright, very durable, lightweight, lifetime warranty, made in Wisconsin.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Your best bet is to go to a pro shop, not somewhere like Gander but Sportsman’s is decent

which is precisely why I walked out of GM with a bare bones bow
    I am finding by a little more machining most of these sites that are right hand only could easily be made universal. The only difference on a couple I saw last night including a trophy ridge was the fact that one side of the mount was counter sunk so the screws mounted flush. I did pick up a few bows last night that were set up with defferent sites just to get a feel for what I would like and I think I’ll be looking into a vertical sight.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I like the Trophy Ridge sights. Vertical in line pins ROCK

I have a trophy ridge site as well and love it!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I have always favored HHA sights but the Copper Johns are the brightest fiber wrap pins I have ever seen…and pretty reasonably priced…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If you’re having trouble in Madison, take the drive to La Crosse and check out La Crosse Archery. I shoot LH and they set my bow up from top to bottom.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Did you use Mono as your string??

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

One more outburst from you and I’ll be driving to Blaine so I can string your skinny up with mono….

You’ll be Rob ‘Don’t beat me. I’m not a Pinata’ Stenger….

Do you use leadcore on yours……?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Sounds like “Distressed Mono User Red Head Syndrome” to me.

Blue you shoot lefty too?? Quit copying me!

For Sale. Mathews Legacy Left Hand 28″ 63 lb bow.

Wanted 28″ Right Handed Mathews Switchback XT 70 lb bow

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Good, I never said I wanted you on my team anyway….

BTW, you shoot like a girl….

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Yeah but at least I hit what I shoot at! So that means you shoot like 2 girls.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah but at least I hit what I shoot at!

Hitting the ground doesn’t count.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Hitting the ground doesn’t count.

It sure does when my arrow is sticking in the ground covered in Lung Blood!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.