AP

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Watching Sportscenter before the kids get on the bus:

Me: Hey kid, Looks like AP is going to the Saints.
    Kid: Good they can have him.
    Me: Hey you need to remember, he did a lot of good things for us over the years.
    Kid: Yeah, Last year his longest run was 13 yards,,,,then he fumbled it.
    Me: Good point son.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

We play the Saints to open the season.

I look forward to the turnovers.

Dan
    Southeast MN

This will be interesting to watch unfold. Personally I think if anyone thinks they have a specific prediction nailed down they’re fooling themselves. He could be a key piece and run like he did 5 years ago. Or, he could be out of sync with his new offense, constantly play a distant 2nd behind Mark Ingram, and just sort of be “there.”

Tons of theories out there. We all know he’s limited, and I doubt at this point in his life he’s going to start being a pass-catching asset out of the backfield and/or start providing quality pass-protection.

No result will surprise me. I’m sure he’s still got power-running left in the tank, but his limitations aren’t getting any better with age either.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Couldn’t agree more with that Dan.. He could be a stud or a turd. But this I do know,,, he may have a good year or even a great year but it’s not going to last forever. Getting hitched to a 3 or 4 year deal with this guy at his age wouldn’t end well..

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

His Legacy for me will always be he beat his 4 year old son with a switch. Color him any way you want but all the stats in the world won’t change that fact.

Only difference between Peterson and Ray Rice is Rice got bounced from the NFL.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Prediction;They will throw more often with Peterson in the backfield.

Could be a great combo, much like when Farve was under center.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Prediction;They will throw more often with Peterson in the backfield.

Could be a great combo, much like when Farve was under center.

There is a reason he’s never in on 3rd downs besides blocking and why they never use him on the screen. Heck, he can barely hang onto the football when it is handed off to him.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

His Legacy for me will always be he beat his 4 year old son with a switch. Color him any way you want but all the stats in the world won’t change that fact.

Only difference between Peterson and Ray Rice is Rice got bounced from the NFL.

+1

I grew up on the other side of the river and I’d say the exact same thing if it was Rodgers or Nelson or whomever. No excuses, period.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

There is a reason he’s never in on 3rd downs besides blocking and why they never use him on the screen. Heck, he can barely hang onto the football when it is handed off to him.

Who knows what downs the saints will use him in?
    Breeze will be throwing to his other receivers when Peterson is in the backfield,
    we all know ADP has hands of stone and that’s not going change.
    Unlike our favorite home team, Breeze will be able to utilize Peterson as a Decoy

Ny
    N Metro

Any of you guys think the NFL knew that AP was going to the Saints and that’s why they set us up for a week 1 matchup?!?!?!? Conspiracy!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Who knows what downs the saints will use him in?

Unlike our favorite home team, Breeze will be able to utilize Peterson as a Decoy

Maybe they can use him as a decoy when they are on defense, because that defense doesn’t stop anyone.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Any of you guys think the NFL knew that AP was going to the Saints and that’s why they set us up for a week 1 matchup?!?!?!? Conspiracy!!!

Yep, For damn sure they did… It actually wrecks the opener for me.. All the puke talk will be sickening..actually.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

He isn’t even going to be the starter. Mark Ingram is still the guy in New O.

That said, I think Ingram will wear down and Peterson will have a decent 2nd half of the year. He wont be facing 7 or 8 man fronts with Breeze and if you want to play nickel or dime coverage, a 5’10” CB is going to have a hard time getting him to the ground.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Mark Ingram has never been the guy in NO, until a decent season last year. Ingram’s best year ever last year when he ran for 1,043 yards and 6 TD’s. That would rank as AP’s 8th best season in yards, and 9th in TD’s, and AP surpassed both by a wide margin in 2015. AP still has plenty in the tank as football player imo. This is a match made in heaven, either stack the box on AP and Brees goes over the top or let AP loose against a 6-7 man box. Assuming no additional injuries this could extend AP and Brees’ careers quite a while, esp with Ingram lowering AP’s workload. There are many off field things I have a problem with, but you could say that for a large percentage of the league, you either look past it and follow the league or not.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DaveB wrote:</div>

Mark Ingram has never been the guy in NO, until a decent season last year. Ingram’s best year ever last year when he ran for 1,043 yards and 6 TD’s. That would rank as AP’s 8th best season in yards, and 9th in TD’s, and AP surpassed both by a wide margin in 2015. AP still has plenty in the tank as football player imo.

Ingram doesn’t need to be better than 2012 AP to be “the guy” in New Orleans, he needs to be better than 2017 AP; and that’s a strong possibility. AP’s “best years” are long gone and completely irrelevant to his 2017 performance.

Ingram’s always been on a pass-first team and hasn’t had nearly the opportunities that AP has. (AP’s averaged 20 carries a game over his career, compared to Ingram’s 12.) But he’s posted a better yards per carry average than AP for 4 straight seasons running, so I can’t see the Saints pushing him to the bench — especially since AP isn’t known for his pass catching or blocking skills.

And oh yeah, Ingram’s never fumbled more than 3 times in a season. AP’s done that 6 times.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We will see. Ingram has spent most of his time splitting time with all-time greats like Pierre Thomas, Khiry Robinson, and Tim Hightower…just saying I don’t think the talent is even comparable.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

lets not forget that Mark Ingram has also caught 125 passes in the last 3 seasons including 4 for TD’s last year. Also he knows how to pass protect. 1,000 yards on the ground in just 205 carries plus 46 receptions for 10 total TD’s on the year makes his best season look better. Throw in that he has almost always split carries with another back and plays on a pass first offense and you could make the argument that Ingram has never been given a chance to excel and has done quite well with what opportunities he has had.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Has Peterson even signed yet or is it still part of the nfl never ending news cycle?

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

AP makes the play action in NO worthwhile, and that’s about it. He may be able to have a decent year with the Saints O line and Brees back there, but he’ll never be close to the rushing leader again….I hope.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

AP makes the play action in NO worthwhile, and that’s about it. He may be able to have a decent year with the Saints O line and Brees back there, but he’ll never be close to the rushing leader again….I hope.

You mean like the last time he played a full season, in 2015? I mean I hope not at this point too, but I learned after his 2k yard season not to put anything passed him.

Throw in that he has almost always split carries with another back

IMO that is because Ingram has not been that good. There was a time when they were considering cutting him, and he was going to be another Alabama bust like Trent Richardson. By all accounts Ingram has turned the corner to be a productive NFL back, but he is not in AP’s class 5 years ago, 2 years ago, now or next year imo. AP certainly has his flaws, but as a pure runner he may be the best we will ever see. I anticipate AP getting the lion’s share of the carries, and Ingram filling in on 3rd down and for breathers. Don’t forget that AP just got served a HUGE dose of humble pie, going from an $18 million/year contract to barely getting $3.5M. I will always bet on AP when he has something to prove.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Don’t feel to sorry for Adrian and his pay cut. That was a contract extension AFTER he beat his kid. Just a tiny reward from the Zigmeister.

BTW, wouldn’t it be something if the Vikings drafted Mixon?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Don’t feel to sorry for Adrian and his pay cut. That was a contract extension AFTER he beat his kid. Just a tiny reward from the Zigmeister.

Oh I certainly don’t, and thought AP was living in Lala land thinking that $18m was a correct valuation. It would be something if they drafted Mixon, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were protests.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Heard on the radio yesterday that in this year’s NFL draft 1 in 7 players being drafted will have had some sort of run-in with the law (or something to that effect). 1 in 7!

This next statement is in no way defending any of these idiots, but at this point who doesn’t have baggage? Frustrates the hell out of me because in the two places I’ve worked in my adult life (U.S. Army and critical infrastructure security) I would have been severely punished and demoted (army) or fired (current job) for failing a drug test. Yet NFL players can be proven to have smoked weed right before the draft and they “pay the price” of falling a few spots. Sad state of affairs.

That got slightly rant-ish…sigh…..

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

When it comes to smoking dope the NBA and NFL don’t care. It’s all about the media hits that bother them. They ask one question……”can the kid play?” Thats all they care about.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

When it comes to smoking dope the NBA and NFL don’t care. It’s all about the media hits that bother them. They ask one question……”can the kid play?” Thats all they care about.

They stay in business because of our money. And it isn’t just those two sports, they just get all the media. MLB, bicycling, track and field, pretty much any game that requires speed and power to defeat your opponent has it’s share of drug users.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

One source I looked up states that roughly 1 in 3 working aged Americans has a criminal record. So compared to those not being drafted sounds like these kids are angels

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Not buying the 1 in 3. But I guess it depends on what is classified a criminal record. Speeding tickets count? Not even 1 in 3 Americans drive. So there are 5 million people in Minnesota, so around 1.6 million have a criminal record?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Take a look online. Just do a search for “percentage of Americans with criminal records”. I only looked for a few minutes but found no less than 5 websites claiming the same 30 or more percent of Americans have a criminal record.

Here is one example. There are many others.

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/just-facts-many-americans-have-criminal-records-college-diplomas

Do what you want with that information but if true then it doesn’t make sense to label football athletes as no good criminals or “idiots”. It’s just in the news thats all. you’re neighbor smoked pot too and your other neighbor may have hit is spouse in the past you just don’t see it on channel 9 news or here it on the radio and he works at a factory instead of getting paid millions so you overlook his faults and put the others under a microscope because you think getting paid millions to catch a football is ridiculous, which it is. I label them too sometimes. It’s easy to do when they can act like bafoons on center stage

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Oh I certainly don’t, and thought AP was living in Lala land thinking that $18m was a correct valuation. It would be something if they drafted Mixon, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were protests.

If the Queens draft Mixon, I will become a Packer fan and never look back. You heard it here first!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

If the Queens draft Mixon, I will become a Packer fan and never look back. You heard it here first!

I won’t go that far but I’ll definitely be pissed

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.