Anyone have experience with the Flo-Fast gas tank/pump products?

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

We have been fortunate to have gas (ethanol free 87 off road) delivered to the property for the last 50 years. Tanks gets low – make a call – tank is full. Sadly it’s no more. New owners, bigger trucks – my tank isn’t big enough for them to sell to me, 500 gal minimum. Twice now I went to Kwik Trip with 5 6 gallon cans. Once I filled the tractor using a 6 gallon can and I hope it’s my last. Not fun.

They aren’t cheap but they seem to be the Cat’s A**. I could get a double cart and some 10.5 gallon jugs. I’m sure I can lift a full 10gal onto the pickup. I mix a lot of gas & found a gas meter for $30 that would screw right on. I could roll it down to the lake for my boat too.

Quality product? Junky?

FLO-FAST Professional 21 Gallon System

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have them for both gas and diesels. Those little 20 gallon units are nice for little stuff. I’m re-filling skid steers, lifts, and job site equipment. My 90 gallon cell is great, but not mobile enough. Pain to move when it’s even 1/4 full. You’ll like those for the mobility.

We tried a couple gauges and they never metered correctly. Went back to using cans to mix

Northcoast

They work great. Have 3 of the 15 gallon cans but they do get heavy when full. I had the prior version of their hand pump, the crank broke on the pump/siphon housing this winter – sub zero day. I called the company, they gave me a reasonable deal on the new version of their pump which is far more durable (or so it seems).

Will likely add a fourth container for diesel as well.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Just picked up a 15 gallon .Have not used it yet .

Jason

I looked at those myself a while back and couldn’t justify the price. I ended up going with a 30 gallon drum with a hand crank strapped to a 2 wheeler for far less money.

Bill Mundt

I’ve had one for years in my shop. Worth every penny.

Iowaboy1

I put a kit in one for one of my buddies that had pumped countless thousands of gallons of gas over the years.
    The kit was reasonably priced and easy to install.
    I used it several times after that and was impressed with how well it worked, If I had need for one on a regular basis I wouldnt hesitate to buy one.

B-man

I looked at those myself a while back and couldn’t justify the price. I ended up going with a 30 gallon drum with a hand crank strapped to a 2 wheeler for far less money.

That’s kinda what I was thinking. For less than $600 you could buy a dolley, a bigger poly tank, a small 12volt pump and a battery waytogo

Or go with a different brand? Something like this?

You could fill it half full at the gas station to make it manageable and top it off with cans.

Some ATV ramps or a trailer with a ramp would save your back if you filled it completely.

You could buy two of these for the price of one of the others to save time and trips to the fuel station.

For fueling boats on a dock, those shaker siphons work awesome. Why crank when gravity will get the job done for you )

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220413-0817362.png

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We’re trying to find something that makes sense as well, but the price tag on these is absurd and they’d have to be larger for it to make sense with us. I do not want to pay $6+ a gallon for on-water fuel at the gas docks in the tritoon. I also hate maneuvering at small gas stations in our surrounding towns with a pickup + 30′ of trailer blocking many pumps at a time for refills on busy weekends.

Stanley

I use a cheap harbor freight battery powered pump. I think it was like $10. Works good to transfer fuel from a gas can to the boat. Also if the pump is above what you are fueling you can shut it off and gravity does the rest. I would like something better like the flo fast but can’t justify the price for my use.

Adam Steffes

What is the cost of a tank big enough to hold more than 500 gallons at your property to get back to your normal delivery service?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

@buckybadger
    My BIL and I burn quite a bit of fuel in our wake boats. We’ve settled on just lugging these jugs down to the lake. They’re affordable yet immensely better than typical gas cans.

They work quite well for us. You could even use a wagon if you have a fair distance to carry.

And yes, I realize that they are not technically a gas container, but look at that and tell me that it’s not designed for gasoline. They’re vented, which is why I think they can’t classify them as “portable fuel containers”.

Menard’s Utility Jugs

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

What is the cost of a tank big enough to hold more than 500 gallons at your property to get back to your normal delivery service?

Chain Link fence (lockable) enclosure. Concrete dyke in case of leak. Tank. Pump. $8,000 – 12,000.

MX1825

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Adam Steffes wrote:</div>

Chain Link fence (lockable) enclosure. Concrete dyke in case of leak. Tank. Pump. $8,000 – 12,000.
    [/quote

Don’t forget insurance in case of a spill/leak.

B-man

Have you looked into double wall Flame-Shield tanks?

I have a buddy that installs a ton of them. Most places do not require a containment for double wall tanks.

Looks like a 550 gallon can be had for around $4k online.

Not sure what you’d need for vapor-recovery, if it could be installed yourself, etc, etc.

But if it’s something you’re interested in, lemme know and I can get you in contact with him for all the information you’d ever need.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.