Anyone fished Tamarack Lodge on Winnie?

• crappieguy

Heading up right after NYE with the guys for an annual ice trip. I picked the lake and resort this year… little nervous! Hoping that it pans out, but I don’t see much for reviews online.

Just looking for a little insight from some people! Some reassurement.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We had a Get Together at Jeff’s resort in 2007. Gawd that was a long time ago!!

It was a March trip and had a great time.

Sorry I can’t give you a better report.

Heck I can’t even find the report with photos from back then!

Announcement

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i personally have never stayed at Tamarack. have onlt stayed at highbanks, and cant say enough good things about them. with that said i havent heard anything bad about tamarack. winnie is a good lake for all kinds of fish opportunities.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I have stayed there in the past. It is a nice place with good houses. If you want reports you could check Jeff Sundin’s website. He has a fairly regular report on Winnie. Also check Highbanks Resort for reports since they aren’t too far from Tamarack.

mn-z
    Stark, MN

We always used Eagle’s Nest. It is awesome…It is on Little Cut Foot Sioux that has access to Winnie. It is usually $50 a night per person. Really nice cabins, that hold up to 10 peeps.
    Check it out.

crappieguy

Appreciate the feedback everyone, can’t wait for next week!

Any tips on winni colors/lures? None of us have fished it before. We’re all pretty geared up for red and Lotw.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.