Anyone fished on Berry Lake in Ontario?

• Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

A friend of mine purchased a lot on Berry Lake in Ontario (near Sioux Narrows). Anyone fished there?

yahbuddy
    Holmen, WI

Yes I have a couple times, on the north end of the lake. My parents have a cabin between Berry and Dry Berry lake. Its has been a few years since I have been up there. A lot of structure! Walleyes, big northerns and big smallies.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Years and years ago I did. Both Berry and Dryberry. Huge pike in the latter. We were always there before the regular season opened…bear hunting. We looked for some lake trout action when we weren’t hunting and found enough open water a couple years to troll with the canoe. We did manage a couple trout on one trip, Berry if I remember right.

Man that’s been a long time ago. Both of the buddies who were in on the trips have died already. I’m the only one left.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I have a college buddy who has a place up there. only been up there once but its a pretty cool lake. Fishing was good and the scenery is even better. Just love how quiet it up there.

tswoboda

Yes I have a couple times, on the north end of the lake. My parents have a cabin between Berry and Dry Berry lake. Its has been a few years since I have been up there. A lot of structure! Walleyes, big northerns and big smallies.

Color me jealous! If I had access to that location, I’d be up there every chance I got. Do you have boat access to both lakes? Ever been up in the winter?

Rodney Harvey

What is the difference in the two lakes and what is the winter fishing like?

Zach Johnson

My uncle has a cabin up on berry and i go up there and fish both lakes about once a year and it is really good fishing

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Completely different lakes.

Dryberry is around 30,000 acres, over 350′ with gin clear water and has muskies, lake trout, smallmouth, northern pike.

Berry is considerably smaller and shallower and holds smallmouth, walleyes and northern pike.

Both are excellent fishing lakes.

I have not fished there in the winter but would imagine there is excellent ice fishing on both as well.

gerry roth

yahbuddy-

My grandfather had an island on Dryberry. We vacationed there every summer in the 60’s and 70’s. I’d taken my family to louis Hall’s Dryberry Falls camp in late 90’s.

I see your family has a cabin on Dryberry river. Do you know if Louis sold all of his cabin’s….and are any available for sale or rental. Would really love to get back up to Dryberry!!! Or do any of the Berry camps maintain boats on Dryberry for portage?

Thanks for whatever help you can provide!

G

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.