Anyone finding a bite?

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Going up this weekend sounds like out of Liberty. Haven’t been up there for a couple weeks. Heard it’s slow for everyone, but wondering if anyone is having luck and would care to share a depth and structure ie bottom of humps vs middle of mud or gravel, I would appreciate it. Sounds like we will have some kids and a few guys that don’t get out much with and hope to catch a few. TIA

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

FYI Saturdays high temp is 0 and Sunday is -4. Lows -14. And yes, it is real slow for most.

IceManBran

Was out of Agate friday morning-sunday morning. 28′ of water – landed 7, missed about that many too. SLOW during the day.

Had a few friends out in different spots on the lake, all reported slow fishing, just a few here and there. I’d expect them to really shut down with the cold front rolling in.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks Ice Man for the report. Yeah I figured it might slow down even more. Have to pack extra beer! toast

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hi John wave

Are you just doing a day trip with portables or will you be staying in sleeper house?

I was out with my grandson last Wednesday thru Friday morning. Just like everyone else…slow, but we did manage a few.

28′ deep rocks/boulders. Just a heads up for you or anyone else fishing that deep or deeper, be patient bringing the fish up.

After repeatedly losing fish, when I finally hooked up I anxiously raced the fish up fearing I’d lose yet another. The swim bladder was appearing at the back of the throat, but not all the way to the mouth yet. This happened twice (I know my bad) but when you keep losing fish your mind and actions kind of go into overdrive.

I’m hopeful they survived (not slot fish) because the bladder was not yet to the mouth but lesson learned for me. crazy

As far as the weather slowing the bite even more, you never know. I’ve done good out there at -25 and other times when you’d think they’d be snapping…nothing.

The best time to go fishing is whenever you can.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks Andy we will be staying in a group of castles. I was leaning on that deep at least, good reminder on the slow coming up to the hole part. I will try to remember to text you when I’m up there and maybe you can swing over for a cold one! wave

Ryan Haller

Anybody having any luck on the last weekend? Debating on running over there tomorrow for the last day.

Alex Fox

The bite for us wasn’t fast and furious, but it was quality. Caught my first keeper in probably 5 years lol. These were caught on the first break on the north end in the sand.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20210227_175805.jpg

2. Attach0-1.jpg

3. Attach0.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.