Anyone else having problems with some reply’s to post not posting???

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its really strange but sometimes when I reply to a post it just does not post. That has happened several times in the last week. I often try it several times and it just won’t go through. It seems real hit or miss some days.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Its really strange but sometimes when I reply to a post it just does not post. That has happened several times in the last week. I often try it several times and it just won’t go through. It seems real hit or miss some days.

Only when I try to quote something that already has a quote. Or some thing with a emoji face thing. If I delete all that then it’s good

Reef W

Links are the main thing that makes mine disappear. If there is more than 1 it never works. Quoting something with a link also seems to usually not work.

CaptainMusky

Links and quoting posts will do it for me. Plus depends how many quotes you are quoting. I think BK had a little trick to get around that.. I think instead of quoting a post that has a quote already in it, quote the original and then quote the reply one I think was the trick.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I have problems on the iPhone, but not on a PC.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This is often when using the Quote tab. it happens on both my ipad and work computer. Maybe the Emoji’s are the problem. I’ll try and remove them and see if it works better

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yep. it worked fine when I removed part of the quote and the Emoji’s. I’ll have to remember that in the future when one fails.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ll have to remember that in the future when one fails.

Highlighting the portion you would like to quote, then click on QUOTE works well (for me).

I’ve manually entered quotes as well by using the quote button (not the link quote in the above post.) copy, paste and then click in the /quote again. It’s called “b-quote” above.

This is using the b-quote button.

)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

Highlighting the portion you would like to quote, then click on QUOTE works well (for me).

I’ve manually entered quotes as well by using the quote button (not the link quote in the above post.) copy, paste and then click in the /quote again. It’s called “b-quote” above.

)

Then there’s quoting the whole post. I don’t do that often when there’s more then one quote in it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>

)

Then there’s quoting the whole post. I don’t do that often when there’s more then one quote in it.

And I would never quote myself! doah

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

)

But then I seldom use my phone for posting (or quoting)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Looks like it’s a phone thing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

)

But then I seldom use my phone for posting (or quoting)

Using my iphone

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Well BK, I just tried to reply twice from my desktop to #2187426 in the “https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/new-skills-for-2023/page/2/#post-2187426&#8221; and I’m not going to bother trying again.

I have found several times lately that the forum is slow and sometimes VERY slow to respond.

I do a complete house cleaning of my desktop every 2 to 4 weeks. That means a complete cleaning and registry repairs on my hard drives. I also pull the tower open and dust and clean a minimum of once a year.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

So why now did a post work???

glenn57
    cold spring mn

So why now did a post work???

did you use one of them spare posts you save for iowaboy??? devil roll

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.