New Skills for 2023?

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That is some great information you gave me.

I’ll bet half of the info he gave you was about how to fish a neko. jester

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ll bet half of the info he gave you was about how to fish a neko. jester

The Neko would not be a bad technique for a young fishermen to learn early on. Easy enough to change from a weightless wacky Rig when fishing shallow or skipping docks to a weighted rig for fishing deeper weedlines or edge of deeper cover. The last few years its something that I always seem to have on the deck. Probably the first technique I’d have a new fishermen learn is the old Jigworm. Just so many ways to fish it and it just catches fish. I’d say pick a technique and learn it a fair amount and then move onto another. I think someone would be more successful fishing 1 or 2 techniques well than fishing lots of them poorly.

Riverrat

I’m going to try more wacky rigging. I was getting smoked by little kids fishing wacky rigs on a couple different occasions last year, didn’t want to try it because it looked so simple, but the results were right in front of me.

Charles

Selling my boat lol

Going take a few years off of hardcore fishing, I need to get my house done and finish my schooling.

I would love to spend some time Carolina rigging.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Don’t worry RW, anybody can catch bass! jester devil

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m going to try more wacky rigging. I was getting smoked by little kids fishing wacky rigs on a couple different occasions last year, didn’t want to try it because it looked so simple, but the results were right in front of me.

I did this one last year. I only used it weightless around docks, the edges of pad beds, and shoreline structure. When they don’t bite the creature bait, they bite the weightless wacky. Good weapon to have.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Ah Gim, you got jokes! I limited it to 1/3 of the message thank you very much! jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ah Gim, you got jokes! I limited it to 1/3 of the message thank you very much! jester

Haha, I knew it would be in there.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Riverrat wrote:</div>

I did this one last year. I only used it weightless around docks, the edges of pad beds, and shoreline structure. When they don’t bite the creature bait, they bite the weightless wacky. Good weapon to have.

There’s a reason most pros have one laying on the deck when fishing shallow structure. So simple, yet so effective. Beginning last year, I have one rod dedicated to it.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

For me it will be running a 8 to 10 planner board spread with snap weights tied to #14’s or so crank baits on Lake Erie.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

For me it will be running a 8 to 10 planner board spread with snap weights tied to #14’s or so crank baits on Lake Erie.

Strange technique for bass…… mrgreen

tim hurley

Back to the basics with skirted jigs and plastics, starting July 1-before that jig worm, wacky, and maybe very early neutrally bouyant stick bait. Can’t wait!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.