Anybody use a Trailer-Tug dolly to move their boat around?

• eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

You may have your trailer jack too high. Lowering the tongue will make it turn easier.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I use them for moving trailers around my yard every day. I have a couple manual ones they work great. I think I got mine at Northern tool.

JoeMX1825
    MN

You may have your trailer jack too high. Lowering the tongue will make it turn easier.

I’ve tried it up & down, its just an issue with the Fulton F2 jack imo… I have the single wide wheel model, zero chance of getting it to swing left or right, I’ve been carefully using a rubber mallet to spin the wheel left/right…

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I’ve been carefully using a rubber mallet to spin the wheel left/right…

That’s the standard method to turning dolly jacks I thought except I use my heel carefully. lol

CaptainMusky

Joe, I am in the same boat as you. Its a bear to get that thing to spin regardless of what I try and the boat just seems to keep getting heavier. I need something to help with this process. Its getting to be a real pain to take it out because I dread trying to get it sitting in the garage just right.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I have a Fulton F2 with dual wheels–also a PITA to turn.

Ripjiggen

They work for single axle not so much for duel axle.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Joe, I am in the same boat as you. Its a bear to get that thing to spin regardless of what I try and the boat just seems to keep getting heavier. I need something to help with this process. Its getting to be a real pain to take it out because I dread trying to get it sitting in the garage just right.

yeah its pain, nice to know its just not me and my setup… I’ve looked at those Park-It 360’s, I think it would solve the problem, but its a big expense…

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I have a Dutton Lainson trailer jack on it’s 4th season. Helps a lot to have it lowered 20 cranks from the height it’s at when taking it of the hitch. Make sure its lubed well inside. That may help.

Gregg Gunter

I use this dolly from Northern Tool. I added a couple 2×4’s to the bottom. 2021 Alumacraft Competitor 175 full windshield. I only use it in the garage but so far very useful.

Gregg Gunter

Picture of above.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3205-scaled.jpeg

Gregg Gunter

Better pic of the item description.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3206-scaled.jpeg

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I have an ultra tow from Northern tool. Works great and wish I would have bought one sooner. I would not hesitate to recommend however I have a lot heavier boat now than when I bought it but still get the job done. The one you are looking at is much heavier duty than I have. Think you will not regret getting.

Brian Bezanson

I have one of the cheap human powered ones that have solid wheels. Those wheels had so much rolling resistance that I used some riding lawnmower rear wheels I had picked up to use for dock / boat hoist wheels.
    I can’t cut it real short pylling or backing but big pneumatic tires sure allow movement. Axle size between the OEM wheels and my garage finds was perfect.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

yeah its pain, nice to know its just not me and my setup… I’ve looked at those Park-It 360’s, I think it would solve the problem, but its a big expense…

What about the manual park it 360? It’s only $245, free shipping. I see it’s only rated for 3000 pounds though, maybe your boat is heavier.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I do the same thing Gunter has shown for the tritoon with winter storage. The trailer is tandem axle and the rig is around 5k pounds. It goes in a friend’s shed and it’s tight, plus he likes to be able to wiggle it around as needed. I think mine has 2x6s fastened around it to keep the jack from moving/rolling around on the cart. The casters have held up and move with minimal resistance for 3 seasons.

Gregg Gunter

Thanks, and as BC said it’s cheap! There is a lot of wiggle room, too. I have to back mine into the third stall at an angle.

mojogunter

I use these on my snowmobile trailer. I back in the door on the left. Put these under the tires and then push the trailer in at 90 degree up tight to the boat. You would need 4 but it rolls really easy on them. You just need the floor to be clean. That may work too.

Attachments:
    1. 20190629_133957_copy_1008x756.jpg

2. jack.jpg

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

You want something like this – Trailer Valet. I just sold mine on here a couple months ago. It’s drill powered and is perfect for moving the boat around in a garage.

https://trailervalet.com/shop/trailer-valet-xl/

They sell refurbs which is what I bought.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice setup there Mojo. 4 car garage? That’s the way to go.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.