Anybody replace their floor carpet with AquaTraction mat?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m thinking of replacing the removable carpet flooring and going with Aquatraction mat. For those who have it, curious how its holding up, especially the edges & corners (are they peeeling up?)

I emailed them about the process and they mentioned somebody in MN with a 2013 Skeeter MX1825 recently had it done, if you are that owner can you shoot me a PM?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I would like to. It looks fantastic. Just cost too much to do to my boat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, its pricey, just the main floor (no lockers) of my 18′ Skeeter is $2k

Pauleye
    Onamia

I did mine with a product from Amazon. Very pleased and one Hell of a lot cheaper!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I replaced the carpet in the cockpit of my ranger with aquatraction. Best thing I ever did for that boat. 100% durable without question. If you think you’ll like it, you will love it.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Which stuff off Amazon did you use? How did you glue it down? How did you cut it? Any additional info you care to share would be great. I’m strongly considering a knockoff product as 2k is steep

dbright
    Cambridge

I’m on my 5th season with a cheaper brand and I won’t own another boat without some sort of Eva foam flooring in it. Stays cool easy to clean and comfortable on the feet.

grizzly
    nebraska

What are you guys using to clean it. Only thing I found to work is a pressure washer

I’m on year 5 with AquaTraction in my WX2200 and I had it 3 years in my WX2060 before that. On year 1 with it in my salmon boat. Flooring for all boats have held up extremely well and I don’t think I could own another boat without it. I use simple green for clean up as my product of choice paired with a light powered pressure washer.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m on year 5 with AquaTraction in my WX2200 and I had it 3 years in my WX2060 before that. On year 1 with it in my salmon boat. Flooring for all boats have held up extremely well and I don’t think I could own another boat without it. I use simple green for clean up as my product of choice paired with a light powered pressure washer.

good info! Thx

FryDog62

I’m on my 5th season with a cheaper brand and I won’t own another boat without some sort of Eva foam flooring in it. Stays cool easy to clean and comfortable on the feet.

Are there certain colors/patterns that really hide the stains best? Or can you scrub out the really nasty, mud, grease, blood slime with most any color? That would be a HUGE advantage over any carpet…

dbright
    Cambridge

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dbright wrote:</div>

Are there certain colors/patterns that really hide the stains best? Or can you scrub out the really nasty, mud, grease, blood slime with most any color? That would be a HUGE advantage over any carpet…

I have been able to pressure wash out any stain I have made. I went with white camo and it still cleans up good even after years of river mud and blood on it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.