Anybody know this guy?

• Johnie Birkel
    South metro

I was looking for an older pic and forgot about this one. I see a ton of rigs while driving to work heading north on 35 Thur/fri (mostly the Iowa boys), but this was my fav of all time that wanted to make me think about not turning to work and heading north! It’s serious business when you have a stack of 9 ft what I assume single piece fly rods and a ~drift boat!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180610-181450.png

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Why not just put the rods in the boat? Maybe that’s how they do it in Iowa?

dbright
    Cambridge

I don’t know who it is but there a few rigs running around like that. It is a pain to brake down all your fly gear every time you go out. I luckily can fit my 9′ rods in my crew cab without taking them apart.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

The state for the boat licence is not IA. I believe it is BS jester

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That is awesome. Nice pic

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Why not just put the rods in the boat?

That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw the pic. Wouldn’t the reels fill with bug guts?

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I’ve see youtubes from out west where they use those rod holders. Fly reels typically come with a neoprene case that will wrap around the handle.

I would think you’d use something like that if you had everything already set up and were moving to a different spot but who knows.

B-man

Out west that’s how everyone rolls.

That dude is either from Idaho or is pretending he wants to be )

troutbum
    St. Paul

Pretty standard setup for flyfish guides. Little odd to see on the highway. Those towee boats are sweet. Great all around boat for any type of river.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.