Anybody else have that one coworker…

• CaptainMusky

Who constantly derails meetings going off on a tangent about something that doesnt matter. Who also talks about how dang budy they are when they are only working on 3 things when you have double or triple that? Or, say they work on some process for password reset as an example and you tell them that is NOT something we should be doing and it should be sent to the security team and they say “I agree” and then we reach out to our manager to advise her of this situation only to find out he doesnt do a DAMN thing regarding those password resets? For the love of all things holy this guy cannot retire soon enough.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’m soooo happy I’m retired. I worked with a bunch of guys like that over the years. Don’t miss it at all.

SR

CaptainMusky

I’m soooo happy I’m retired. I worked with a bunch of guys like that over the years. Don’t miss it at all.

SR

Lucky for you. Happy for ya. This dude is a piece of work! He is always “so busy” but isnt working on anything remotely close to what the rest of us are. Thankfully in Microsoft Teams you can mute participants in meetings. I mute him all the time when he starts derailing meetings. Then he comes back minutes later and says “my microphone got muted somehow” and I do it again.

Iowaboy1

I worked with a guy like that once, this dang near cost me my job but my boss was laughing so hard he couldnt fire me.
    I sent the dude a box of kotex and a bottle of midol.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I worked with a guy like that once, this dang near cost me my job but my boss was laughing so hard he couldnt fire me.

I only received a half box of kotex, but they were heavy flow.

CaptainMusky

OMG havent thought of that but that is GOLD!

ThunderLund78

Who constantly derails meetings going off on a tangent about something that doesnt matter.

No one on this site goes off on tangents… cool

Charles

I have one employee that just randomly walks off and we don’t know what he does.

Yes Management knows whats up and they don’t care.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

like Steve said, I’m retired too and sure don’t miss all the BS..

Riverrat

My co-workers are great. Anytime I think they are pissing me off, a customer comes along and pisses me off enough to forget all about it. I can’t wait to be retired though. Half of the retirees I help don’t even know what day of the week it is. And they get an early bird discount at Fryin Pan. It is good to vent from time to time.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Sorry to hear that. I’m with you. Retirement cannot come soon enough. I work well with my coworkers. It’s the ER patients that really test a person’s patience. People are so demanding and entitled these days. It’s all a person can do to not respond and get yourself in trouble.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Fair warning to all you potential retirees,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you are not welcome, keep working, retirement is not all it’s cracked up to be.

You have no idea how confusing it is to not know what day of the week it is. You have no idea how hard it is to choose an appropriate parking spot in a totally empty lot.
    You have no idea how hard it is to choose an appropriate spot to drill your fishing hole when there is no one else out there to lead the way.

Don’t say you haven’t been warned. You are better off working till you kick off while at work. shock shock shock

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I always know what day of the week it is. I just look at my weekly pill box and count the empty spaces jester

SR

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I always know what day of the week it is. I just look at my weekly pill box and count the empty spaces jester

SR

yup!!! rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That one? I had multiple and just left the hospital after 11 years because of it. Between incompetent coworkers, the worst leadership on the planet and overall healthcare going into the toilet, I left healthcare all together last Thursday and I couldn’t be happier.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think it’s safe to say that every field or line of work has individuals like this.

Where I work at the government it’s no different either.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’m retired, but I gotta wife.. coffee just sayin!!! whistling rotflol

Coletrain27

I think it’s safe to say that every field or line of work has individuals like this.

Exactly. Everywhere you work there is always that one guy that makes everybody else miserable

tim hurley

I remember in college the teacher was ready to let us go early: Unless their is a question we can go early-then that hand goes up, yes I have a two part question…
    uuugh

Denny O
    Central IOWA

roll Squirrel! chased chased chased

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Thankfully in Microsoft Teams you can mute participants in meetings. I mute him all the time when he starts derailing meetings. Then he comes back minutes later and says “my microphone got muted somehow” and I do it again.

In Teams it says who muted who when you do that.

We let go one of the managers 4 weeks ago. wave She did so little that some people just noticed she was gone. Half of the office works in other states.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Oh god! The Government. Been there done that. They take “that one guy” and “wasted time in meetings” to the next level.

CaptainMusky

Ive never seen it say that and I have done it all the time.

deertracker

And if you think your office doesn’t have that “One” guy, YOU ARE THE GUY! rotflol
    DT

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Rodwork wrote:

Ive never seen it say that and I have done it all the time.

Just did a quick test. You are correct. It no longer says who muted you. Just that you were muted.

CaptainMusky

The funny thing is when I kept doing it and he couldn’t figure it out everyone knew I was the one that did it because it’s totally something I’d do.

mojogunter

My favorite is the guys that go on social media and complain about work, their bosses, and co workers. They of course end up doing everybody’s job because they are the only good worker and the place would fail without them. My experience with these “great workers” is that in their minds they are great workers and reality is they are a cancer that spreads to anyone that works near them. I learned in the 30+ years of running my business that my best course of action was to fire them right away. People are not very bright, and don’t think about when they apply for a job that their future possible employer may look to see things they post about. That was they first thing I would do in the last 10 – 15 years when I would get someone that applied to work. If I see anything I didn’t care for I would pass on them. In the end I am sure this saved me from having another cancer working.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

SR

Are you telling me that you actually follow the dates on the box, uffda!

Ryan Schwartz

Would have one co-worker in Teams meetings go off on a tangent into politics, but that’s about it. They didn’t survive when the company was merged with another.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.