Any WI high school officials out there?

• jld
    Holmen

Now that I am an empty nester I decided to become a high school basketball official this winter. I miss going to the games now that my kids are a few years removed. Figured it would keep me connected, get some much needed exercise and make a few extra bucks to spend on ice gear. My question is can I keep track of mileage getting to and from games as a deduction? Now sure how that would work for s secondary thing like this.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Some places include mileage in pay around SD.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Now that I am an empty nester I decided to become a high school basketball official this winter. I miss going to the games now that my kids are a few years removed. Figured it would keep me connected, get some much needed exercise and make a few extra bucks to spend on ice gear. My question is can I keep track of mileage getting to and from games as a deduction? Now sure how that would work for s secondary thing like this.

I believe mileage is factored in to the contracts I sign for officials here in MN. I know we have some officials that travel a good 75-90 minutes one way quite regularly.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

jld:

As a former Maaster’s official from WI, I can tell you that one person from a crew gets paid mileage. I never really was that one person and am not sure how that can be treated from a tax perspective.

If you are the person getting paid the mileage, I would certainly check with your tax consultant to be sure. It would seem to me that if I could take clothing in to account for deduction purposes that if you are getting paid the mileage, it certainly could be a deduction for you.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.