Any prop gurus out there?

• sipple31
    West Central Sconni

Welp… I just got that next annual maintenance completed and I thought you guys could use a good laugh on this Monday.
    They hooked the Merc up to the computer and pushed the throttle all the way down and I was at 70%. doah
    There was a clip missing on the throttle cable.
    Glad I brought it up!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Ha ha ha. That should help! waytogo

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Sipple31, glad to hear you got it going all the way to WOT. Now that you have your full throttle range available, you’ll likely find that a 13.25x17p 4 blade is an excellent performer.

I run the Turning point 13.25x17p swept cleaver 4 blade (express mach 4 is what they call it). Excellent handling and very good top speed. Spares I carry with me are the 13.25x17p black max 3 blade, as well as the aluminum 13x17p spitfire.

I have used a 19p black max once before on this motor and boat and I could not reach my desired 6200 rpm. I do believe that an 18p would be phenomenal on this boat, unfortunately I’ve had trouble finding even numbered props in this size range. I would LOVE to have an aluminum spitfire re-pitched to 18 to see what it can do, but haven’t chased that project at all since I’m satisfied with my performance. You should be seeing 41-45mph now with your spitfire depending on the load you are carrying. I suspect more with the black max 13.25x17p. I’m actually going to go run my black max on sunday just to see how fast I can run it at WOT using the 3 blade, and take note of differences between the 3 blade and 4 blade configs.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.