Any pool 4 reports

• fishbait

Any pool 4 reports for this last weekend?

Smellson

Terrible. Cold and very dirty water. Don’t imagine it will be fishable for a while now.

fishbait

Thank you for your report on pool 4 I appreciate it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From Last Weekend

I went by the Wi back channel ramp this morning and the water was getting close to the porta potty. If the county doesn’t close it, bring your waders.

Bay Point is still iced in with at least 12″ of ice in some spots. The City closes the ramp between 13.5 and 14. Same with Coleville although I haven’t checked the ice down there.

We’re at 13.36 and heading to just over 16′ by this weekend. You might be able to launch from Hwy 63 on Saturday. shock

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I spent all of Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday on P4. We (2 anglers) caught 1 walleye and 2 keeper saugers Friday. 1 sauger Sat (3 anglers). and nothing on Sunday.

Friday and Saturday we frequently fished within eye sight of 50-100 boats and Friday I saw 4 other fish caught all day, Sat we saw 1 other fish caught, and Sunday also one other caught.

Big fish went to Sticker Friday with a 21-22″ eye.

I explored more on Sunday and fished head of the lake all the way to dam.

It was nice to be out, see some eagles, drive the river, watch deer swimming around and practice ice berg dodging. Water clarity couldn’t have been more than a few inches.

P4 is almost inaccessible now (maybe everts is open a few more days) but it is some dangerous fishing the next few weeks. Be careful.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wise words^^

Attachments:
    1. redm5_hg-4.png

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

And how could I forget. I got to share a drink with BK (or at least I think it was him) at lunch at the Harbor Bar. However thinking back, it must have been BKs twin brother. As this guy, lets call him BK 2.0 approached my table decked out in spam gear. He looked and told stories like BK, and even sounded like him… BUT he was drinking a high life NOT a HAMMS.

Have you ever ran into this guy BK?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Instead of towing boats maybe now would be a good time to bring gloves and a shovel. I can’t imagine that those communities along the river couldn’t use some extra hands working sandbags. Over the years I’ve done this many times and its a rewarding feeling when you’ve helped someone like this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.