Any one shoot a canik tp9 sfx

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m really looking at buying this gun but looking for real life reviews on it.
    I held one yesterday at bills gun shop but that place is spendy. I debated on renting it and shooting but I got buyers freight last minute

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

A guy I work with bought one last year. Lets just say he liked it so much, he went and bought another. I only shot a few rounds out of it here in the parking lot at work, but it really is a nice gun! Very smooth and felt very nice when in hand. I’d buy one if the opportunity arose! Git-er-Done!

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’ve heard great things from a buddy who has one. Truckloads of youtube videos on this one as well. Wish I would’ve nabbed one up back when fleet farm, had them for like $299 a few years ago.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve heard great things from a buddy who has one. Truckloads of youtube videos on this one as well. Wish I would’ve nabbed one up back when fleet farm, had them for like $299 a few years ago.

I was thinking the same thing. But I was at that point kind of snobbish when it came to brands. I have now grown from that and glad I did.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

A guy I work with bought one last year. Lets just say he liked it so much, he went and bought another. I only shot a few rounds out of it here in the parking lot at work, but it really is a nice gun! Very smooth and felt very nice when in hand. I’d buy one if the opportunity arose! Git-er-Done!

I might have to find one and grab it. My buddy bought one the other day and has a viper laser sight on it. But hasn’t shot it yet.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I bought one earlier this year, and only have a few dozen rounds through it. No complaints thus far, think I got mine for around $350 and total was under $500 with 250 rounds from Smoky Hills in Park Rapids at the height of the ammo shortage. Came with a decent holster, and extra mag which was nice. It was a shame I lost in that boating accident…. whistling

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I have the SA Mod 2….they can’t be beat for the money. Mine has been 100% reliable through probably…..750 rounds or so.

Coletrain27

I have one and love it. It’s one of my favorites for target shooting. I got mine for a smoking deal on sale at fleet farm for $379 a couple years ago. I would definetly buy another canik.

Attachments:
    1. C7010CF8-3A98-4744-B50E-611107FF46CB-scaled.jpeg

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

Have one with the Vortex red dot. Love it. Was a bit fussy on ammo until I got 500+ rounds through it, now it eats everything. Lots of fun to shoot. Bought it when they first came out, and don’t think I will ever part with it.

CBMN
    North Metro

I might know someone who has one…. Think it was about $400 at fleet farm about 18 months ago. Been reliable over about 250 rounds so far. No red dot yet. Only complaint is it needs a little more more grippy surface for warm weather use but that is an easy fix with some talon grips or something similar. Feel free to pm me and I’m sure I could “ask a friend” to borrow it and loan it out for a week or two Bearcat.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I ended up buying the tp9sf not sfx and I absolutely love it. 700 rounds through it not a single hiccup. I bought a glock 17 at the same time and shot them heavily yesterday. Both guns were great but this canik is a little different. It’s more accurate a little bit smother and breaks down so easy it’s unreal

buddah6

I have a tp9sf elite with 1k rounds through it and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Love that pistol!

Gary

I ended up buying the tp9sf not sfx and I absolutely love it. 700 rounds through it not a single hiccup. I bought a glock 17 at the same time and shot them heavily yesterday. Both guns were great but this canik is a little different. It’s more accurate a little bit smother and breaks down so easy it’s unreal

Try replacing the sights on your glock. Those sights are like the garmin livescope pole, most everyone buys an aftermarket.

That bright white U outline on the rear sight can compete with the front sight post for your eyes to focus on.

The barrels of both pistols should be accurate short distances.

For best accuracy find some pistol sights that really let you dial in that front sight post and keep it crystal clear for your eye(s) to focus on.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Try replacing the sights on your glock. Those sights are like the garmin livescope pole, most everyone buys an aftermarket.

That bright white U outline on the rear sight can compete with the front sight post for your eyes to focus on.

The barrels of both pistols should be accurate short distances.

For best accuracy find some pistol sights that really let you dial in that front sight post and keep it crystal clear for your eye(s) to focus on.

Everything I have is switched to trijicon night sights immediately. The glock 17 is a awesome piece. I was just giving a short follow up on the canik. Beautiful gun, shoots flawlessly. Breaks down so fast. Lots of rounds through both guns, neither had a issue. The glock 17 is very smooth and nice as well. And i thought the stock sights were awful but thats pretty normal when I buy guns.

Coletrain27

The Glock factory sights are garbage. You would think for the premium price they charge they could come with something half decent. Otherwise there nice reliable guns. People seem to either love them or hate them:

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The Glock factory sights are garbage. You would think for the premium price they charge they could come with something half decent. Otherwise there nice reliable guns. People seem to either love them or hate them:

It’s pretty hard to hate them. I have more then a handful of them and not a single one has had a issue.

tornadochaser

It’s pretty hard to hate them. I have more then a handful of them and not a single one has had a issue.

To be fair, most of the glock hate comes from the “muh 2 werld warz” 1911 fudds. hah

deertracker

I have one and love it. It’s one of my favorites for target shooting. I got mine for a smoking deal on sale at fleet farm for $379 a couple years ago. I would definetly buy another canik.

Looks like the mag release sticks out pretty far. Would it hit your hand when shooting as a lefty? Maybe the pic just exaggerates it.
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Looks like the mag release sticks out pretty far. Would it hit your hand when shooting as a lefty? Maybe the pic just exaggerates it.
    DT

The one on the sfx does for quick mag swaps. It is geared more for competition shooting. Which is why I went with the sf

deertracker

The one on the sfx does for quick mag swaps. It is geared more for competition shooting. Which is why I went with the sf

Thanks

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

To be fair, most of the glock hate comes from the “muh 2 werld warz” 1911 fudds.

I’m not a 1911 guy–I just don’t find Glocks comfortable to shoot.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I was thinking the same thing. But I was at that point kind of snobbish when it came to brands. I have now grown from that and glad I did.

I was just very selective, being a broke college student guns aren’t the most fiscally responsible hobby. Now I’ll buy any old piece if someone’s offering it. It’s unfortunate that I continue to lose them in tragic boating accidents, I really need to be more careful.

John Brown

I just came from the range with my new Sf.. It’s not the sfx, but if your looking for a great gun I would grab it. Just put 400 round through it and had 1 error because my magazine was not looking enough for the magwell. Also a little snappy with the 114 grain, but super smooth with 147. Also tan 114 jhp pretty well. I will be buying another one when my 30 days are up. Hope this helped.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I almost traded this in the other day for a glock 48 for a summer time carry gun. Then I ended up just buying the glock instead. My canik probably has 5000 rounds through it between the woman kid and I. Shoots awesome and is incredibly dependable.
    Also still haven’t had a issues with a single glock I own. With I could say the same for my m&p 40 as well as my sig.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.