Any one goose hunting

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just looking for any reports on early goose if any one is killing any thing yet

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I quit goose hunting a few years ago. What do you do after you shoot one, eat it?
    There’s no way I could try eating another sky carp.

bigpike

Come kill as many corn fed geese on my bay as you can….I have heard no shooting so far

?????

EPG try making Jerky out of them. I have had few even know it was goose and it is better than venison to many.

deertracker

My buddy grilled a goose breast that I swear tasted just like beef steak. It was amazing. Jerky is also good. I have a friend that shot 8 to 10 both days in the Alexandria area.
    DT

bigpike

Just saw a guy and his young son row by in a 12′ Johnny. The tree huggers better not try protecting “there” geese because the warden is on speed dial and my smart phone camera is ready for documentation!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My buddy grilled a goose breast that I swear tasted just like beef steak. It was amazing. Jerky is also good. I have a friend that shot 8 to 10 both days in the Alexandria area.
    DT

I shot 4 yesterday and 5 today. I’ll grill or bake a few of the breasts and put a glaze on them then the rest turns to spicy jerky. Enough to last the year ice fishing. I have to use the geese because I dont make venison jerky I make all sausage instead

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Big pike. I sent you a PM

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I had a 0 bird morning sad

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I wasn’t able to get out this weekend. Had to shut the Mille Lacs place down for the summer, but I’ll be after them next weekend smash smash

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

I quit goose hunting a few years ago. What do you do after you shoot one, eat it?
    There’s no way I could try eating another sky carp.

Try mixing the meat with some pork fat.
    Fry it up like bacon.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Couple other ways to fix them that are great –

Slow cook in the crock pot with beer. Peel apart and add barbecue sauce for pulled goose sandwiches

Grind it up and make Italian brats. Slow cook with peppers and onions

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They can be fun to hunt if you get them on an active field. Problem is, like many have already indicated, is the taste. Plus they reek when you clean them too. The best way to use them is for pothole filler. They’re tough and dark, so they work well and hold up to the rigors of our roadways here.

404 ERROR
    MN

Didn’t go out this weekend for Goose…I did manage to get a handful of tasty Doves on Saturday morning and make it back in time for breakfast.

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll make it out for early Goose this year. I’ll be fishing ML this coming weekend, then archery opener and finally duck opener…Busy fall already!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.