Any local MN Humminbird owners have the AS PC3 USB Cable they could borrow out?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I have a Helix 5 sonar that can’t update to the latest Humminbird software update because it doesn’t have an SD card slot. The only way to update it is via the Humminbird proprietary PC Connection cable (AS PC3) that costs $50+ online. I can’t justify paying that for a quick 30 second 1 time software update, but if any local Marinas/Dealers/Humminbird enthusiasts have the cable and would let me use it to update, I would be most graceful. I have a spare 12v battery I could use to power the unit, so I just need the USB cable..Shoot me a pm if you have one you would be willing to let me borrow it.

Here’s a link to the cable – https://www.humminbird.com/Products/AS-PC3/

Attachments:
    1. cable.jpg

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

I think I have one

David Blais

Isn’t there a micro sd card slot?

JoeMX1825
    MN

no sd slot on the Sonar only models…

I know it’s alot of work to purchase/find a cable to use, but the software update I need allows you to remove the big white data boxes off the screen and use the preset overlays instead, this gives you alot more usable screen space, important on a small 5″ display…

JoeMX1825
    MN

please delete this thread, I found a cable to borrow

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Same ? Anybody upgrade & still have the cable?

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

If you have a cabelas close by they used to do the update for you if you brought your graph in, at Owatonna anyway they did

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.