Any Fishing Reports

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Anyone out fishing lately. Had a good time on some of the area lakes last year and plan on making another trip this year. The tips last year on low light helped out. Slept in and concentrated on the mid day through night hours. Just wondering on any tips this year. I would like to target some Northern’s this year in the mid day time and could use tips on where or what lakes would provide decent action. We did run over to Big Stone last year and caught some nice perch and gills for a day trip. Hoping to get over there around the first week of Feb in case someone else is thinking of hitting the ice around then.

catnip
    south metro

There are no fish in orchard, Harriet or union.

leinieman

Not sure if I ever heard of those lakes catnip? Are they some smaller ones by Alexandria? I see you are south metro. I’m heading to the Alexandria area and was looking for any tips around that area. Thanks

catnip
    south metro

Sorry I didn’t realize it was in the Alexandria area forum. I was referring to lakes in the mpls, so metro area. redface

bpholl
    North Metro, MN

I have had pretty good luck on Ida in the past, but i know a lot of area lakes have plenty of pike. I would focus 7-15 fow and try to find some green weeds.

Good luck!

leinieman

Thanks Bpholl. I’ll look up some of the names of the lakes in the area and then checkout the MN DNR site to see if I can gain more info on which ones would be the best for some keeper size Pike. I plan on being up that way for a week if anyone wants to get out with me and give it a try.

catnip
    south metro

Union is down by fariboult just off 35

tim hurley

Thanks catnip-might go down there when the snow packs down a bit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.